auto mount nfs volume upon reboot

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

drrevenge
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

auto mount nfs volume upon reboot

Post by drrevenge »

Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching, and supposedly this hasn't been asked before (but I'm not sure I trust the search feature seeing nfs didn't even come up!)

I have two NAS units, the Asustor and a Synology NAS unit. I've got a volume on each that I have NFS enabled and sharing between the two systems happily. (I chose NFS over CIFS because the communication is only between these two systems and NFS plays better on linux than CIFS does I believe.)

Everything works fine until I reboot the Asustor and then I have to manually remount my storage each time via CLI.

IE, like this page: https://support.asustor.com/index.php?/ ... as-via-nfs

I can only see that the option to auto-mount this folder comes up, if I want to encrypt it, which I don't need to do at all. It's just to allow me to quickly copy data between both systems as needed on an ad-hoc basis. (If I needed something more long term I'd use an rsync job.)

Does anyone know of a way to auto mount the NFS volume each time the NAS boots up, or is it CLI each time only? (It's not the end of the world, it doesn't get rebooted often, it's just annoying!)
orion

Re: auto mount nfs volume upon reboot

Post by orion »

drrevenge

Re: auto mount nfs volume upon reboot

Post by drrevenge »

Cheers, thanks for that. It's what I was looking for. :)

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”