Hosting a Wordpress website

Web hosting, MySQL, PHP and all that good stuff.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DragonBear
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Hosting a Wordpress website

Post by DragonBear »

Hi all,

First question: Does anybody has experience how to get a wordpress site up running on the web using a Asustor NAS?
I've been struggling for quit some times to get my wordpress up running on the web. On the local host, I am able to open wordpress without any issue (e.g. 192.168.1.8/wordpress)

My NAS
NAS: AS304T
ADM: 2.4.2.RIG1

Here what I have configured so far:
DDNS service is enable and works fine
Port 80 is forwarded
Webserver is enable
Virtual host is enable using the same port as the webserver and using another registered host name and acces to folder "web/wordpress"

Like I mentioned above on the local host I can see my wordpress website. However if I entered my registered domain name I get an error message.
I am not sure if it links to the mysql database which I need to configure and secure the access to it as well? So far only local host and myself can have access to it.
I know, I could easily run my wordpress site using a provider but this is not what I want to achieve here ;) I would like to use my NAS to host my own wordpress site and therefore I was hoping to get more guidance and help from this community :)

Looking foward to get some good inputs and already a thank you for all your advises!
DragonBear

Re: Hosting a Wordpress website

Post by DragonBear »

Hi asustor community,
no one in the community can or want to help?
I was hoping to reach some experts in this forum. :cry:
orion

Re: Hosting a Wordpress website

Post by orion »

I did not setup a wordpress site with EZRouter. However, I think you should disable virtual host first to have a try. Does the anchor "http://your_cloud_id/wordpress" from outside get error? What's the error message?

Return to “Web Hosting”