Frustrations about Developer Corner (App Central)

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Frustrations about Developer Corner (App Central)

Post by mafredri »

Hey fellow devs,

curious if any of you have had trouble with your apps disappearing out of the Developer Corner? I have two that are missing currently (Go x86-64, Sonarr arm) and AFAICT no way to get them back. Not even submitting a new version of the app helped.

Just now I tried to reach out to Melody (my ASUSTOR contact person) but it looks like her email has been suspended ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I made a program to automate the interaction (asdev) but I'm just growing tired of how terrible the Developer Corner is. Takes away all my motivation to publish new apps.

How do you deal? Halp!
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
father.mande

Re: Frustrations about Developer Corner (App Central)

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Yes ... same problem with some of my updated APKG ... post it, see it ... but after some time ... all disappears ... without explain ...
I have sent mail ... but just have receive as recommendation to reintroduce it again ...

The only thinks ... but absolutely no idea if it's a reason ... is that my update have as prerequisite another non Asustor APKG

At end ... I receive a new request to post for a version (serviio 1.9.1) that use Asustor APKG as depends ... and in this case the APKG have been introduce ...
try to contact Asustor through the email in copy ... in the acknowledge when you post your APKG ... "pm" user ... if no contact, send me an email I will send you back the contact in Asustor that manage Serviio APKG validation .

Philippe.
NB so for the moment ... some of my APKG are only available in my own package store (in my signature)
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi Mafredri and Philippe,

Sorry to let you feel frustrated. Thanks so much for your great contribution and we do appreciate it a lot and so many Asustor users as well.

To fix the communication issue, I have created a group mail which will for sure reach me and our product managers in charge of App Central. Please kindly send any of your concern to pm@asustor.com and we will for sure respond right away.

And by the way, Mafredri, I just checked the Go x86-64 and Sonarr Arm, both are available in App Central and also visible from the respective models. Can you let me know under which occasions did you find them missing? If there is any problem in App Central or Developer Corner, we will fix it right away!!!

Here are the screenshots I just got from AS1002T and AS7004T App Central and also the Developer Corner fyi:
AS7004T App Central
AS7004T App Central
1.JPG (223.06 KiB) Viewed 7585 times
AS1002T App Central
AS1002T App Central
2.JPG (258.44 KiB) Viewed 7585 times
Developer Corner
Developer Corner
3.JPG (57.67 KiB) Viewed 7585 times
4.JPG
4.JPG (54.3 KiB) Viewed 7585 times
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Thanks for sharing your experience Philippe, it helps to know I'm not alone.

And thanks Shawn for the kind words. I appreciate you have set up the group mail, my frustration was in part due to not knowing who to contact.

Even though the apps are in App Central, they are missing from my Developer Corner so I have no way of updating information or seeing their status. I'll send you a mail with more details regarding this issue.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi Mafredri,

Thanks so much for letting us know the issue. After your explanation, I now get to know the real glitch here. (we, as administrator, can see all the apps but individual developer account has invisibility issue) I have already asked our engineer to look into it and fix it asap!!!

Thanks once again for your kind feedback!!!
Shawn.S@AST

Post by Shawn.S@AST »

Hi Mafredri,

Thanks for the kind reply. This issue is already rectified and thanks for the confirmation!

Return to “Developer's Corner”