sinusbot

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

nova999
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

sinusbot

Post by nova999 »

Hi

is there's a possibility for someone to be able to get sinusbot working on asustor?

https://www.sinusbot.com/

it's a TS3 musicbot

Thank
MikeG.6.5

Re: sinusbot

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

How do you intend to use this application? Are you wanting to set it up so you can sell subscriptions to your music collection that you host on your NAS? (Not legal, BTW.) Are you just wanting to get at music you have local to your NAS itself? There are already several apps that can do this, and most of them are free.

The author of this app hasn't released a "server" side of the app yet, so it's going to require you to contact him directly to get a copy to install if you intend to run the server side of this package. The way II understand how he's going this without contacting him is, you advertise your media to his service, invite your friends, authorize them, and they can stream. The question I have is if the media remains local to the NAS or gets uploaded to his hardware.

I think you may have better luck getting a client side of the app, if he has a package developed for other headless systems. (Which your NAS is considered to be. It doesn't have a monitor attached, so it's called "Headless", even if you use the HDMI out on a TV...) A lot is going to depend on if he's developed something to support HDMI out for sound, or the SPDIF drivers for digital out.

If you want to play the media on your NAS and keep it local, you might want to look at SoundsGood, which is an official Asustor app, written by the Asustor team. Other options would be Pandora for the Pandora radio stations, Hi-Res Player, which can do FLAC or other lossless formats. For streaming out to your friends via LAN or WAN, you could try Emby or Plex, which both support music. If you just want local streaming on your LAN, then iTunes Server could be an answer.
nova999

Re: sinusbot

Post by nova999 »

subscription?.....nothing like that

at the moment I have second PC running with Sinusbot installed that is connected to Teamspeak3 private guild server, playing music in the channel when my guild is gaming. We also use it to play online radio and stream youtube content and backgroud music for Karaoke night

But since I have asustor running 24/7 anywhere, i though it would be cheaper to have asustor running the bot rather then second PC running the bots exclusively

Return to “Developer's Corner”