MediaPortal Request

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mattadlard
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

MediaPortal Request

Post by mattadlard »

One was wondering if anyone has had a chance to port this across http://www.team-mediaportal.com/ as it is open source ad very powerful piece of software for Media playing/serving.
osten4

Re: MediaPortal Request

Post by osten4 »

if possible for AS-2xx it would be great :)
gibxxi

Re: MediaPortal Request

Post by gibxxi »

If your a MediaPortal user already, this probably isn't going to convince you, but do take a look at Kodi / Plex as well. I started on MediaPortal, but found the 1.x UI too clunky back in the day. I then switched to Kodi (XBMC), and haven't looked back.

Kodi doesn't have it's own TV server backend unlike WMC / MediaPortal, nor does it support a client/server model (yet) like Plex, but for sheer customization, nothing out there can beat Kodi. The setup can be a bit involved addons-wise, but it does most things "in-app" unlike MediaPortal 1.x, and Plex is a good fallback if you want a "set-it-and-forget-it" style experience.

MediaPortal is in 3rd place in terms of development (IMHO) behind Plex and Kodi, and with two established Media center software packages already available for the NAS, I don't hold out much hope of someone taking this on and even less hope of Asustor doing so. I hope to be proven wrong though.

Dan/Gib.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)

Return to “Developer's Corner”