Goodsync, a great sync package, has a NAS .APK

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jchny
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Goodsync, a great sync package, has a NAS .APK

Post by jchny »

A really great and mature sync software package, Goodsync, has a NAS .APK (link: http://www.goodsync.com/for-nas)

Wouldn't it be great if Asustor could test the Goodsync NAS .APK for the Asustor NAS?

Goodsync supports a wide range of platforms including Google Drive, Amazon S3, and Dropbox, and supports a wide range of prototcols including FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Windows Shares, and its own.

I'm just about giving up on Asustor's Google Drive app....If it works at all, it's very slow, and pretty much unusable with a Google Drive with >50,000 files and over 50 GB of storage.

But Goodsync seems to handle things well.
Elrique64

Re: Goodsync, a great sync package, has a NAS .APK

Post by Elrique64 »

Have you tried installing this on your NAS? What steps do you need to go through to make it work? Others might be interested in this, so a step by step could be useful.

Still not sure why anyone would want to host their data on a service. Most of these have clauses that allow them to copy or manipulate your data as they want to... read the EULA...
jchny

Post by jchny »

Elrique64,

I have not tried installing the GoodSync NAS .apk because it is listed as being for the Synology NAS. I have heard that Synology and Asustor NAS designs are quite similar, but I don't want to risk disabling my Asustor. My guess is that an application developer for Asustor would have very little difficulty in porting or perhaps just recompiling the GoodSync NAS app to run on ADM. Challenge has been raised!

I don't worry about what a reputable cloud service might do with my data. First, it's not of much use to anyone but me, and second, there is so much of it that it would take a lot of effort to snoop through it. Hardly worth it. I know the EULA has lots of permissions, but they have their reasons and I don't think they will abuse their position and risk their reputation.

Still, GoodSync can be used to create a virtual private cloud, so you would not need to use a commercial cloud at all....
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

jchny wrote:A really great and mature sync software package, Goodsync, has a NAS .APK (link: http://www.goodsync.com/for-nas)

Wouldn't it be great if Asustor could test the Goodsync NAS .APK for the Asustor NAS?

Goodsync supports a wide range of platforms including Google Drive, Amazon S3, and Dropbox, and supports a wide range of prototcols including FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Windows Shares, and its own......
This features beyond to the client side of the application. I don't understand why you have to install something on serveur side ( NAS ) out of FTP server, webdav server...

I use foldersync or synchronise ultimate which offers same features and don't need server side on NAS ( or on owncloud server in my case )

Return to “Developer's Corner”