[Unofficial] Seafile Cloud Server working.

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

tehkillerbee
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Unofficial] Seafile Cloud Server working.

Post by tehkillerbee »

Hi Asustor users,

I have gotten Seafile Cloud Server running on my Asustor 202TE, it runs great and is very fast (MUCH faster than owncloud, for instance)! Only problem is I am not quite sure where to begin if I am going to create an APK for this program.

While getting the application working, I ended up using a few workarounds when getting the application running on my NAS, so it would be nice if a more experienced user could give me some advice regarding setup scripts, automatic start & stop and so on. While I have used linux before, I have still much to learn.

Main issue is the application relies on setup scripts, requiring user input. Normally you would run these scripts in the terminal, and this works just fine. But if I were to create an APK file, this APK should make it possible for the user to setup seafile server through the Asustor Portal "windows". Many settings are required, including SQL user/password, port settings, HTTP/HTTPS and such.

Are there any good places to start when creating these APK's?

Thank you!
mafredri

Re: [Unofficial] Seafile Cloud Server working.

Post by mafredri »

Regarding the settings I find that you often have to make some decisions for the user in regards to how to set things up. Optionally, a web interface which let's you decide the values is also possible. You could also try to create an app that can be configured through the ADM interface, but this is not documented anywhere and you would have to try to reverse-engineer how Asustor does it with their apps.

For instance, if the application requires a database connection you have a couple of options.
  • Ask the user to create a database user with username/password so that the application can be set up
  • Bundle your own database server which is started/stopped with the application
  • Use database in a file (SQLite)
If you need help how to structure APPS, please have a look at the developer documentation at ASUSTOR Developer Corner

You could also have a look at existing APKs by downloading them an extracting them with apk-tools.py (available through the dev corner).

Hope that helps you get started!

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
bbbco

Re: [Unofficial] Seafile Cloud Server working.

Post by bbbco »

I'm trying to get Seafile installed on my 202TE, but I'm having some trouble with compiling. I was wondering if you had some tips on how you were able to get Seafile installed?

Return to “Developer's Corner”