Develop Apps for ADM

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.
Steve@AST
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Develop Apps for ADM

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi micro,

Thank you for your suggestion, sabnzbd is already in our plan, and you can expect to see it in the near future.

cheers,

Wall-E
micro wrote:
Would be really nice to see sabnzbd for asustor NASes.
A really great NZB downloader I think....
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi TheDave1022,

Thanks for your suggestions. First of all, we didn't give up XBMC... :roll: We just support Boxee first since it's definitely a great "pure" media player and can satisfy most users.

And you may misunderstand the Plex app on App Central. Actually it's the Plex Media Server (which is built and maintained by Plex) but not Plex Media Center. Plex Media Server is a bit more like UPnP/DLNA Media Server (e.g. Twonky) which doesn't need a monitor for video output but need to work with client applications, such as Windows Media Player, PS3...etc. However, it also supports other advanced features such as media management/matching, on-the-fly transcoding, and their own mobile apps.

Plex Media Center, XBMC and Boxee are more like the same kind (We know they all come from XBMC) which all need a monitor for video output.

cheers,

Wall-E

TheDave1022 wrote:Any reason there is no XBMC and went with Plex instead?

Would love to have ISO playback
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

Thanks. I'm getting my unit today in the mail, so I'll finally be able to play around with it and check everything out.
whitevil

Post by whitevil »

Buzz.Lightyear@AST wrote:Hi TheDave1022,

Yes, the SDK is already available.
There can be a lot of more interesting apps on App Central, for example: apps for NZB download, Squeezebox, multimedia sharing, remote access...you name it. Besides, we would also like to hear it from our users, feel free to give us any suggestions anytime, ok?

Cheers,

Buzz
where can we get the sdk?
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

Bumping this. Where is the SDK download?
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Hi Dave,

You may find the SDK and build tool by register a developer account via http://developer.asustor.com/ (only takes a few seconds).
You can find the build tool upon logging in (in the Tools page).
Let us know if you have any further questions ok?
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
TheDave1022

Post by TheDave1022 »

James.S@AST wrote:Hi Dave,

You may find the SDK and build tool by register a developer account via http://developer.asustor.com/ (only takes a few seconds).
You can find the build tool upon logging in (in the Tools page).
Let us know if you have any further questions ok?
Thanks
Napkin

Post by Napkin »

From "ASUSTOR Developer's Corner Term of Use":
ASUSTOR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms of Use, at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
Excuse me but this is very inconvenient for a user. Time is short and there is no time to periodically read your Terms of Use. Is it not possible to mail out notifications to your customers when the Terms of Use change? What URL to find the postings "of changes" at? What URL to find the Terms of Use at after registration?

Return to “Developer's Corner”