Step by step guide to cross compiling?

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.
klurman
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Step by step guide to cross compiling?

Post by klurman »

Hi,

I have read the developer guide and really only found that it talks about the application directory structure and how to make it compatible with ADM. That's fine, but what I really need is a guide to how to setup cross compilation on a Centos/Ubuntu box. I use Virtual Box via Vagrant for my web development job, so I have several OS images I can use to setup the pipeline, I just need to know how! :)

Does anyone have any guidance? Perhaps a step by step guide? I'd love to give compiling my own applications a go on my 202TE! I am particularly interested in seeing if I can get VLC compiled, though I know that's probably a pretty tricky one to begin with...

Regards,
Karl
soilderco

Re: Step by step guide to cross compiling?

Post by soilderco »

Hi
Maybe you can develop cross compile machine. :shock:
Storage: AS-302T
teo_piaz

Post by teo_piaz »

+1 for the tutorial :mrgreen:
sudeep

Post by sudeep »

+1.. If Asustor or someone with the expertise can write a simple tutorial on how to get started, it would be very helpful to someone newbie like me. This would greatly help ppl contributing apps to the NAS.

This is one main area where Asustor is lagging far behind to its competitors like Synology and QNAP. I find these other vendors provide a very rich support and knowledge base to developers. Now I very much regret choosing Asustor, the only reason was HDMI and XBMC capability, which unfortunately is outdated, limited, very buggy and pretty unusable. Frustrated and pretty close to selling it off and going with Synology or building a custom HTPC.

Return to “Developer's Corner”