How to Compile Module for Asustor

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

z1022
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to Compile Module for Asustor

Post by z1022 »

I compile Module using cross compiling. When I load in Asustor, the error is "_tracepoint_module_put"

Anyone success compile Module.

Thanks
MrK

Re: How to Compile Module for Asustor

Post by MrK »

Hey z1022,

What module did you compile? Of course you did use the cross compile toolchain I assume, yes? I did try to add the zfs module but it failed loading too (other error message). I guess since it probably would need the kernel compiled with some other options. Another module worked fine - trying to remember which it was ... don't remember right now.

cu
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
z1022

Post by z1022 »

Hi Thomas,

I want to compile DVB module for my TV-Stick. Which module you success to compile and how to ? I want to try your success compile module for testing my cross compile toolchain setup.

I got the config file from Asustor support. I will try to compile DVB module later.
Attachments
linux-2.6.39-x86.config.zip
(16.62 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

z1022 wrote:Hi Thomas,

I want to compile DVB module for my TV-Stick. Which module you success to compile and how to ? I want to try your success compile module for testing my cross compile toolchain setup.

I got the config file from Asustor support. I will try to compile DVB module later.
Hi,

I've been trying to compile modules for the kernel without the config for a while now, I could walk you through the compilation process later today.

Did you happen to receive the x86_64 kernel config also, or just the 32-bit one? I would much appreciate it if you could post that also, assuming you have it :).

Regards,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
z1022

Post by z1022 »

You can try to ask from Asustor support.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

z1022 wrote:You can try to ask from Asustor support.
I've tried, but they're slow to respond :(.

Anyhow, since you have an old kernel configuration I'm assuming you're not running ADM 2.1? If you are running the old 2.6.39 kernel then do you also have the old toolchain for compilation?
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
z1022

Post by z1022 »

I push them provide to me.

Now I running ADM2.1 Bate and use ADM 2.0 GPL_Source.tar and asustor-toolchain-32bit.tar.

I success to compile dvb_core.ko and loaded. However, I don't know whether it work or not.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

z1022 wrote:I push them provide to me.

Now I running ADM2.1 Bate and use ADM 2.0 GPL_Source.tar and asustor-toolchain-32bit.tar.

I success to compile dvb_core.ko and loaded. However, I don't know whether it work or not.
Ah, you have gotten that far already. If so, you could run the command

Code: Select all

dmesg
and check the output if the module had any effect.
z1022

Post by z1022 »

I can load the TV stick devices and use MuMuDVB 1.7.3 streaming TV over a network. using VLC to watch.

Return to “Developer's Corner”