Plex/Boxee Update

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.
mbabst
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex/Boxee Update

Post by mbabst »

Hi guys!

Great NAS you're about to launch! It's great that you support Plex, Boxee and the Apple Remote App. Actually this is the reason why I'm going to buy the 602.

Just one question, dou you plan to frequently update the Boxee App and Plex Media Server? I've seen that these are running on an older version. The HDMI Output does only work with the Boxee Player right?
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4
unr3al21

Re: Plex/Boxee Update

Post by unr3al21 »

Hi,

From my experience the Boxee app may be an older version, however, it is stripped back to allow for smooth running on the AS6.

Please note that at this moment in time there is a graphical driver fault which makes the screen flicker upon fast movement. I have been in touch with Asustor customer service (which have been great, and very helpful) about the issue and they assured me that the problem will be fixed soon and the are in-touch with Intel to get the problem resolved. Overall, the produce is fine apart from this glitch and I'm sure you will be happy with the functionally of Boxee and Plex.

Boxee is currently the only app the is bootable via the HDMI, however, this makes for easy installation for the end-user; therefore, not a bad move from Asustor.

Thanks

Unr3al21 :D
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Thanks! I've just ordered my 602! :) Hopefully I'm getting satisfied! ;)
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

unr3al21 wrote:Please note that at this moment in time there is a graphical driver fault which makes the screen flicker upon fast movement.
Is this the Intel 24p-bug?
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4

Return to “Developer's Corner”