Status of my APKG with ADM 4.0

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Status of my APKG with ADM 4.0

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

date : June 10 2021
APKG status (will be updated)

Entware ... ok ... no problem

Script-server ... works as well (after updated Python3)

Xvnc_server ... new version available ... test is running new App. supporting ADM 3 and ADM 4 ... first delivery in forum then in AppCentral (after Asustor validation)

myHD ... need some change test is running (delivery in forum in few time)
... ... test limited asportal is not yet available ?
... ... BUT run as well using myHD desktop (in place of Asportal) support also systemd init mode(best to run some specific tools)
... ... some function are restricted due to the lack of GPL source modified by Asustor to generate modules.
... ... Webui works as is (even change require for new web Center in ADM 4
... ... New webUI based on script-server is under development
myHD App_Store ... ok
myHD Kodi19 ... ok (with same limit as myHD)
myHD Plex media player ... ok
myHD Chrome (last stable) ... ok
myHD Calibre ... ok in myHD desktop mode
myHD skype for linux ... ok (require an uvc webcam with microphone ... and myHD desktop mode )
myHD Fillezilla ... ok
myHD VLC Player ... ok ... in myHD desktop mode
myHD Ferdi ... ok (with --no-sandbox argument) ... Ferdi is a messaging browser that allows you to combine your favorite messaging services into one application.
myHD creating my own launcher for myHD desktop ... ok
... lot of application are under test (including games) possible due to the use of systemd .
... Firefox

Octoprint ... install-able ... but without serial kernel modules ... can't be tested ... so NO

Domoticz seem to run as well ... BUT another APKG exist from Patrick ... so please stop using mine. (even for my own I hate docker and hidden libs and program inside :roll: :mrgreen: )

Jdownloader2 ... REQUIRE Web Server (Apache PHP7 (even not used but mandatory)) installed ... after all seems to run as well (last internal update of JDownloadr2
etc.
Philippe.
Last edited by father.mande on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
yabba234

Re: Status of my APKG with ADM 4.0

Post by yabba234 »

Good news, but I don't see in this list JDownloader2 ?
Please, update it to work with ADM 4 !
Asustor 6602T with 2TB IronWolf and 2x 16GB ssd cashe Optane, backup external drive 8TB + 1TB, Synology RT1900,UPS ACP500, Razer Balde Base 2020, Iphone X
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! I forgot it ...

I have to run more tests due to the new Web server (separate from A.D.M. as an APKG), please wait ..

Philippe.
NB update first post list
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Last news, after install of the new Web Srver APKG (Apache & PHP7 (mandatory even not used))

JDownloader2 seem to works as well (tested with download from Gdrive ... so limited)

How-to :
... install ADM 4 Web Server
... be sure to have the last JDownloader update
... use it as before ...

List post 1 of this topic updated

Philippe.
yabba234

Post by yabba234 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Last news, after install of the new Web Srver APKG (Apache & PHP7 (mandatory even not used))

JDownloader2 seem to works as well (tested with download from Gdrive ... so limited)

How-to :
... install ADM 4 Web Server
... be sure to have the last JDownloader update
... use it as before ...

List post 1 of this topic updated

Philippe.
Hi Philippe!
Unfortunally not work - apache and php7 server install but you apkg jdownloader2 don't work - I got message: this version is incompatible with adm 4.

AH - OK - your version of JD2 is obsolete - but how move my settings ( save hostings, downloads and passwords ) to version of Patric ?
Please help me - I don't loose my old settings !
SORRY FOR MY INPATIENS - I enable your version of JD2 from terminal and works well! So my problem is solved :)
JDwonloader2 works !
I don't use version of Patric because is not native - is docker version. I like native apps :)
Asustor 6602T with 2TB IronWolf and 2x 16GB ssd cashe Optane, backup external drive 8TB + 1TB, Synology RT1900,UPS ACP500, Razer Balde Base 2020, Iphone X
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please remember it's a BETA ... so nothing is final ... problem can be solved in Release Candidate or new problems can appear with R.C. ... Even I am happy that it works for you.

My test (short) was based on an update of an existing JDownloader2 in 3.5 after upgrade to ADM 4 ... not a fresh install

lot of people prefer container ... because they think that it's secure and safe ... even it's exactly the inverse.
Patrick have integrated the container in an APKG ... so this part can be considered as sure ... BUT
... who manage the Hub where JDownloader image is get ... is it secure ... is it a nest of malware or mining .. are you sure the container is not modified who verify ?
... who integrate the product (even it is clean) ... because lot of things can be hidden in a container ... so product is safe but environment not ...

For my own container is safe and secure when you build it yourself (if this case native is enough) ... if not it's like "Russian roulette" ... you can win 5 times on 6 (if nobody cheated) ... but when you lost ... it's too late ...

Philippe.
father.mande

UPDATED Status of my APKG with ADM 4.0

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Xvnc_server is now compatible with ADM 4 xorg 10.19

Philippe.
yabba234

Post by yabba234 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Please remember it's a BETA ... so nothing is final ... problem can be solved in Release Candidate or new problems can appear with R.C. ... Even I am happy that it works for you.

My test (short) was based on an update of an existing JDownloader2 in 3.5 after upgrade to ADM 4 ... not a fresh install

lot of people prefer container ... because they think that it's secure and safe ... even it's exactly the inverse.
Patrick have integrated the container in an APKG ... so this part can be considered as sure ... BUT
... who manage the Hub where JDownloader image is get ... is it secure ... is it a nest of malware or mining .. are you sure the container is not modified who verify ?
... who integrate the product (even it is clean) ... because lot of things can be hidden in a container ... so product is safe but environment not ...

For my own container is safe and secure when you build it yourself (if this case native is enough) ... if not it's like "Russian roulette" ... you can win 5 times on 6 (if nobody cheated) ... but when you lost ... it's too late ...

Philippe.
I agree with you :)
Fgrutz

Post by Fgrutz »

Unfortunate I removed Jdownloader2 after updating to ADM 4.0..
Any chance to get Jdownloader2 to work on ADM 4.0 after that?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Fgrutz wrote:Unfortunate I removed Jdownloader2 after updating to ADM 4.0..
Any chance to get Jdownloader2 to work on ADM 4.0 after that?
It is ready, I just do a last test and provide new version ... BUT if you do a simple A.D.M. update ... it work if you use apkg version 2.0-1.5 (last update of the APKG installed before updating ADM) I have a running JDownloader2 on an updated "ADM" AS1002T (armhf) installed in ADM 3.x
If you run a fresh install I think it can have some problems.

So be patient, I will download the new APKG to Asustor AppCentral validation ... so perhaps a short delay. If it's "urgent" ... I can add a link to new version on request.

Philippe.
NB delay is due to a travel, so with limited access to my lab ... and also because i have a lot of nice activities (holidays time) :mrgreen: that require lot of time so against time to work on my APKG ... sorry.

Return to “Developer's Corner”