[update ... to OctoPrint 1.6.1] 3D printer console & management

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [OctoPrint] 3D printer console & management

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I can't reproduce ... can you write here the exact sequence of command you will do ?
Are you sure to stop all ... ? before restarting

NOTE : I have write command here before based on the new version ... so please take care that you can't have exactly same options ... sorry.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
vlotho

Post by vlotho »

Hi Philippe,
Stop looking, it's not a bug :D . when we start a server via a terminal, and therefore in a new session, if it is closed, it stops the server automatically, like a kill.
That's how it is on all systems. :)

I think it is misunderstood, I am talking about a software server, not physical.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
vlotho wrote:Hi Philippe,
Stop looking, it's not a bug :D . when we start a server via a terminal, and therefore in a new session, if it is closed, it stops the server automatically, like a kill.
That's how it is on all systems. :)
I think it is misunderstood, I am talking about a software server, not physical.
No problem ... "octoprint" command use nohup for some task and daemon mode for octoprint itself ... so it's a workaround to avoid close terminal problems.
if not, like starting octoprint in server mode or mjpg-streamer ... when terminal is closed all tasks are closed ...

Philippe.
father.mande

Re: [OctoPrint 1.4.0] 3D printer console & management

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please, note that you can upgrade Asustor octoprint to 1.4.0 stable with the internal process (proposed as a pop_up)
At end ... octoprint try to restart but failed (under investigation ... like it don't use the script provide for restart ???)
... 2 solutions
1 ... wait after failed message ... use the restart choice in system menu (top bar icon (like a power button))
OR
3 ... open a terminal (root / your_admin_password) and use : octoprint restart command

It's all.

F.Y.I. I restart (after a non professional repair ... even some erractic crash can occurs) my AS500T ... so I can now restart dev.
NEW version of octoprint will be available soon :
... support of multiple (different or same) printers
... ... each under a separate user have it's own A.D.M. desktop icons (APKG dynamically created and installed after octoprint is started)
... support of multiple webcam (all UVC but any model supported)
... ready to support other NAS architecture (armhf / arm64) ... perhaps also i386 if I have some free time.

Philippe.
jxmot

Post by jxmot »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
vlotho wrote:if the server (octoprint) is running and you close the terminal, the server ( octoprint) is stopped automatically. that's what I was trying to say.
Thanks Philippe.
It's a bug ... I will check
Philippe.
I use the nohup command in situations like this. It will allow you to start an app via SSH but it will continue to run when the SSH connection is closed. For example:

Code: Select all

[/volume1/.@root] # nohup octoprint start&
That command does two things. First it will keep the app running, and it will run it in the background. The "&" at the end of the command will run in background, just hit "enter" again and you will return to the command prompt. Please note that if the command sends anything to stdout it will be seen only while the SSH connection is active.

jim
father.mande

Re: [OctoPrint 1.4.0] 3D printer console & management

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Sorry for long time without news ... I am at 600 km of my 3D Printer ... so can't tests my last change.

Please wait ... but all suggestion provide by other users are good and don't hesitate to test it.

Thanks to jxmot (even Octoprint, normally is started as daemon ... )

Philippe.
father.mande

[OctoPrint 1.5.3] 3D printer console & management

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

F.Y.I. you can upgrade octoprint to version 1.5.3 using the internal update mechanism ...

don't forgot to disable / enable octoprint APKG (the internal restart don't work (A.D.M. is not a standard Linux distribution) after the END of the update

Also if you have an Ender-3 or an Ender3 Pro ... don't forgot to reapply the patch to be able to have access to the SD-Card.

Philippe.
father.mande

[OctoPrint 1.6.1] 3D printer console & management

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

For your information ... new version available (1.6.1) in new environment (Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S and Python 3 (3.8) and for A.D.M. 3.x AND 4.x

information here : viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12124

Philippe.

Return to “Developer's Corner”