[Asportal]video what I want to have as Asportal interface

Who doesn't love third-party apps? Get together and talk about them here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[Asportal]video what I want to have as Asportal interface

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

This video (even real AND all is working) is a "proof of concept" on
... what is the Asportal I want to have :lol: :lol: ... to obtain the best of my NAS with a screen a mouse and a keyboard

This is true and works ... but it's an integration to show some interesting (for me) point
... it's also a solution for application not running as well for user (due to Window Manager (aswm) BUT in fact old and limited evilwm (modified but I don't know if diff source exist ?)

In this case Asportal IS NOT disabled (just one line to patch the start-stop script) ... so ALL myHD and Asportal applications are supported.
For this draft ... remote control is not supported so mouse and keyboard require (but it's only a prototype ... NOT (never) a product)

Please view video in full screen (1920x1080) to have a better view of taskbar and top bar , multi-task and multi-destop (NO voice but explain page before each sequence)

screen capture is done on a Windows 10 using UltraVNC connected to Xvnc_server APKG (so ignore the Windows taskbar ... I forgot to hide it)

NB Fred from French forum suggest (and it's a good idea) that you add all your comment here (response) ... don't hesitate ... all will be welcome.
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
peterk80

Re: [Asportal]video what I want to have as Asportal interface

Post by peterk80 »

I must say this Looks really promising. Way better than Asportal! But are you still using the asustor video/Audio drivers and Xorg? And with this Portal can we run Ubuntu 18.04?
But anyway thanks for the efforts your Still making.

Greets Peter.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
peterk80 wrote:I must say this Looks really promising. Way better than Asportal! But are you still using the asustor video/Audio drivers and Xorg? And with this Portal can we run Ubuntu 18.04?
But anyway thanks for the efforts your Still making.

Greets Peter.
Hum! ... I don't want to replace Asportal and Asustor (I can't :lol: ) ... I am only a user and don't have the level and professional approach of Asustor team.
It's a "proof of concept" ... so to don't stay in "features wanted" list but to prototype what are the features I want ... so more proactive .

This concept is to don't create a new Asportal, but to replace only a part (the window manager) and to extend functionality without impact on user experience.
(I use another desktop icon launcher ... because Astask (icon launcher) is glued to Asportal ... )

For Xorg, it's another problem (not managed here) ... the only is to have at least Video Acceleration upgraded (1.8.3 don't need to change Xorg) BUT any change have an impact on Intel video driver ... so need kernel modules updated (as I understand) ... in parallel Ubuntu 18.04 (for myHD for ex.) use VA-API 2.x ... compatible with 1.8.3 not with the actual 1.7.x .
my wish is to have new kernel and new Xorg (kernel to solve specific (hidden) problems with namespace (nsenter function not implemented)) in the future for a better (myHD) integration and update.

I just have some wish :roll: ... but it's Asustor works and responsibility to choice ... not to me, a simple user of their products .

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
peterk80

Post by peterk80 »

Ahh OK. It's only concept. My bad. I hope Asustor picks it up.
I asked them several Things we talked about earlier. But still nothing happend Till now, only reaction is we are quietly working on something new. Well I am quietly waiting till that happens.

Greets Peter.

Return to “Developer's Corner”