UPNP server shows up as questionmark on Samsung TV

The UPnP AV Media Server app can turn your NAS into your home multimedia streaming server. As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV or PlayStation3), you can directly browse and stream the pictures, music and videos stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

bmp
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

UPNP server shows up as questionmark on Samsung TV

Post by bmp »

Hi All.

I have bought the 604t model feeded with 4 3TB WD NAS drives in RAID5. I am using the latest firmware and the latest UPNP2 media server.

I experience the following:

The Icon for the Asustor Media Server shows up in my source selection on the TV as ?? instead as the asustor icon. Often when I select the icon and starts to browse for films on the server I get disconnected. I have to press OK on the TV. Now there is no Asustor Media server Icon in the source menu and I cannot get access to the server. If I restart the UPNP server via my IPhone app. It appears again in the menu and I can browse and play files with no problem.

My TV is a Samsung ES8005 model with latest Firmware (2009). I have to say I am switching from a Qnap 209 II with Townky media server and there where no issues what so ever.

This a bit annoying, I have not taught my 2 year old to reset the media server (yet). Any ideas what this is caused by?

Cheers, Jess

UPNP Version: 103R138
UPNP 2 version :101R66
ADM version: 202.R823
Kerry

Re: UPNP server shows up as questionmark on Samsung TV

Post by Kerry »

I tried with Samsung ES5500 but seems to be OK when you use Allshare to enter. You can see all the uPnP icons and click to see all the folders. But if you enter through Input source, then uPnP v2 is question mark but still you can enter and click to see all the folders. With uPnP v.1, then it works without any issues. I guess Asustor should change the icon of uPnP v.2.

Return to “UPnP Media Server”