UPnP server and m2ts or any AVHD file

The UPnP AV Media Server app can turn your NAS into your home multimedia streaming server. As long as you have devices that support UPnP or DLNA (for example, SONY BRAVIA TV or PlayStation3), you can directly browse and stream the pictures, music and videos stored on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Niall
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

UPnP server and m2ts or any AVHD file

Post by Niall »

Good day,

The provided add on (UpnP media server) by Asustor seems to giving wrong commands or informatioen to PS3. Since they PS3 says incompatible data for any AVHD file m2ts etc.

Now we have bought the Asustor to replace our fine 7 year working readynas NV+. We have put back they NV+ since they PS3 plays AVHD files with no problem. So they PS3 aint the problem we presume. And any other file on the Asustor is just played fine by PS3 avi, mpeg2 etc

Now we have bought it mainly for bussiness use we like to stream our kids AVHD between working time for this moment we are stuck to 2 servers new and old.

To be short we just want to stream AVHD with they provided UpnP media server (made by Asustor) and we use they PS3 since its a fast and strong provider and we dont have they Asustor near our TV.

Let me know what i may be doing wrong. And just to say i have reset the Asustor also back to factory and the latetst firmware is installed.

Thank you in forward, John
James.W@AST

Re: UPnP server and m2ts or any AVHD file

Post by James.W@AST »

Hi Niall,

Thanks for reporting this. We will investigate this issue right away and keep you updated.
Meanwhile, perhaps you can install Plex Media Server as an alternative for UPnP Media Server first since it's also DLNA compatible.

Cheers,

Buzz
To Infinity and Beyond!

Friends of My AS-606T: (RAID 5 with WD Black 2TB * 4, WD Red 2TB * 2)
MacBook Air (10.8) & Self-assembled Windows PC (Windows 7)
iPhone 4S (iOS 6) & iPad 2 (iOS 6)
Boxee Box, Logitech Squeezebox Duet
SONY HT-CT150 Sound Bar (Connected directly to the NAS via HDMI)
CISCO Linksys E4200
Niall

Post by Niall »

Buzz.Lightyear@AST wrote:Hi Niall,

Thanks for reporting this. We will investigate this issue right away and keep you updated.
Meanwhile, perhaps you can install Plex Media Server as an alternative for UPnP Media Server first since it's also DLNA compatible.

Cheers,

Buzz
Hi Buzz,

Thank you, I used Boxee and Plex media. Boxee is very slow it takes some time to get any (AVHD) video or PIC on my TV screen and with 2gb of extra ram all goes wrong. But update for extra ram is coming as you said.

Plex media wont show all the folders on the PS3 sometimes just 2 but always one, I got 8 folders but wont show it, after testing for 2 days we found out, in our case's, that there is some communication problem between PS3 and Plex media. To be shure we have tested it on several PS3 by friends at home same problem.

It seems as the information is given by PS3 about the asustor UPnP media server its from 2008 from mediatomb. This company has stopped working on this http://mediatomb.cc/news For so far we can see Asustor has been updating it a bit and i can hope Asustor wil get this working. For me its a little bit off fun to see the old NV+ is just working fine, but must said they have struggled also to get it working ;)

Niall

We are still testing the 604 on the pain bank. But hé no pain no gain.
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi Niall,

We just release a patch to fix AVHD m2ts,mts issue for UPnP server,
could you please update the UPnP server to version 1.0.0.r887

you can update it from "App Central"
Just click "App Central" and then select "updates"
and then you should be able see an update for UPnP server.

Cheers,

Wall-E
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
Niall

Post by Niall »

Hi Wall-E,

Problem solved, great job to you all.

Niall

Return to “UPnP Media Server”