Cameras you like, or don't?

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mdof2
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cameras you like, or don't?

Post by mdof2 »

With a pretty long list of cameras supported, perhaps some better than others, is there any words of wisdom from those who have been down this path of what to look for and what to stay away from as far as cameras go?

Any recommendations for basic cameras would be appreciated. Don't need PTZ or audio. 720 resolution would be ideal. Looking to set up a 4 or 5 camera scenario.

Appreciate any insight.
masmith22

Re: Cameras you like, or don't?

Post by masmith22 »

For low cost ONVIF cameras that work with the app, take a look at www.skvisioncamera.com. I used their bullet camera model SK-249LDP 6*LED array 6mm and 3.6mm lens. I also used Hikvision for in-home model DS-2CD2442FWD-IW and external model DS-2CD2542F-IWS both model with 4mm lens. All the IP cameras I used are 4MP and 5MP.
mdof2

Post by mdof2 »

After some trial and error with a few cameras and the Surveillance Center application, I gave up on Asustor the application due to its general limitations, bugs, and overall lack of support from Asustor.

I have been quite happy with Blue Iris and nearly whatever cam you can possibly throw at it.
masmith22

Post by masmith22 »

I used Blue Iris, it worked well but CPU intensive. I had a few issues with the surveillance app, but it working good now.

Return to “Surveillance Center”