Xiaomi Wifi Camera : Generic RTSP Support and Setup

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

kaichi20
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Xiaomi Wifi Camera : Generic RTSP Support and Setup

Post by kaichi20 »

VLC player is able to receive the live stream video with sound from this URL:
rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/ch0_0.h264

However, I wasn't able to setup and record properly with Asustor Sureveillance Center v2.5.1.9814 + Viewer v1.0.7.5601 on Windows 10.

Camera status is "Normal" and can be connected, but no preview snapshot is displayed. In "Live View" tab, it stays "Server connected, wait for video frame."

Following this Knowledge Base article:
http://support.asustor.com/index.php?/K ... neric-rtsp

Please review my settings below ("Add a New Camera" in the Viewer Desktop app, which is launched through the Asustor NAS):
  • Brand = User-Defined
  • Model = RTP over RTSP (TCP) : I've also tried Multiple RTP over RTSP, since the Xiaomi camera provides SD and HD and sound-only streams in separate channels.
  • IP/HOST = x.x.x.x
  • Port = 80 : Why does the app need this for?
  • RTSP Path = rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/ch0_0.h264
  • RTSP Port = 554
  • Username = (blank)
  • Password = (blank)
ganz

Re: Xiaomi Wifi Camera : Generic RTSP Support and Setup

Post by ganz »

Any luck here? I'd be also interested in the solution.
Thx!
westfielder

Re: Xiaomi Wifi Camera : Generic RTSP Support and Setup

Post by westfielder »

Stream from camera Camera.jpg
Stream from camera Camera.jpg (117.61 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
Hi there, did you ever get this sorted. I am struggling but got a bit further.... To save me explaining all again - here is the support ticket I have submitted:
Thanks - Nick :-)

Hi,

I have 2 identical cameras that worked fine on my QNAP NAS. I am changing to ASUSTOR :-)

They have a very common firmware customisation that includes a Linux RTSP server script : snx_rtsp_server.

When setting up in Surveillance Centre settings I get a green tick and a 'normal' status for a few seconds which then changes to 'disconnected'

If I go to 'live view' and 'Stream from camera' I see the images fine.
If I go to 'live view' and 'Stream from surveillance centre' I get a red message across the screen saying 'Server Connected, waiting for video frame'
(See picture attached)
Stream from camera Camera.jpg
Stream from camera Camera.jpg (117.61 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
Stream from camera Surveillance Centre.jpg
Stream from camera Surveillance Centre.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 2932 times
To rule out problems with the NAS/network setup I installed an RTSP server on my phone. That works fine with the surveillance centre and I can view the camera in 'Stream from Camera' And 'Stream from Surveillance Centre' modes.
(See picture attached)

I though that the problem may have been the settings on the camera but I have tried different frame rates and resolutions.
I tried with and without password (the cameras have no password set on the RTSP server and QNAP connects without)

Surveillance Centre camera setup:
Brand: User-defined
Model: RTP over RTSP (TCP)
Port: 80
RTSP Path: /unicast (tried with and without '/')
RTSP Port: 554

Basically, the same settings that work in QNAP

Camera settings working on QNAP: Frame Q=10, Width 1920 height 1080, frame rate 30, Unicast, Port 554, bitrate 4096, h264, A-Law PCM streaming enabled.
Lower Camera settings tried : Frame Q=10, Width 1280 height 720, frame rate 15, Unicast, Port 554, bitrate 2048, h264, A-Law PCM streaming enabled.

I realise that RTP/RTSP is a complex subject but wondered what the Surveillance centre RTSP specifications were so that I could try and replicate on the cameras.

Both NAS and cameras are on the same network

Cameras and NAS have fixed IP

I hope that you can help :-)

Many thanks in advance

Nick
[/color]

Return to “Surveillance Center”