[ASK] what type of NVR that are compatible with ASUSTOR?

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.
ikmal93
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[ASK] what type of NVR that are compatible with ASUSTOR?

Post by ikmal93 »

I had a client who had NVR and want to make Asustor as a data backup device. and i really don't know what type of asustor that are compatible to backup data from NVR device. my question is :

1. can i get the list of NVR which is compatible backup data feature with Asustor?

2. how to backup data from NVR to asustor? should i choose FTP backup, external backup, or rsynch? maybe another way? i hope there is a solution so i can explain it to my client. tahnks before :)
MikeG.6.5

Re: [ASK] what type of NVR that are compatible with ASUSTOR?

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

By NVR do you mean Network Video Recorders? As in a surveillance system of some sort?

If so, it would depend on the system you have, and what protocols it supports. For that matter, most of Asustor's NASes can handle IP cameras, so it is possible that the NAS itself can be the main recording system... Not all NVR's use IP cameras though...

If the main unit can be connected to through FTP or rsync, then I'm sure a way to back up the data can be done via a NAS. It's just a matter of setting things up and a schedule set up to do the backups.

This is likely to take a bit of futzing around with, at lest initially. Once you get it set up, things should be pretty much hands free from there, though...

HTH

Return to “Surveillance Center”