can't connect to or find ONVIF camera

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TinCanFury
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

can't connect to or find ONVIF camera

Post by TinCanFury »

I'm trying to use an old smartphone with an IP camera app that supports both RTSP and ONVIF to connect. I'm able to connect as RTSP but when I try with ONVIF I can't connect nor can the app "find" the phone.

Anyone have this issue before?
James.S@AST

Re: can't connect to or find ONVIF camera

Post by James.S@AST »

I guest the mobile app may not fully implement the ONVIF spec, therefore the Surveillance Center can not work properly with this camera app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

It would appear, based on the comments in the forums for the app, that it's not working well for a lot of people. This would imply that there are some serious issues with using the app for accessing cameras with an Asustor NAS.

As most of the browsers are doing away with Java, it seems that the only option to use Asustor's surveillance system is an app that's mostly non-functional. So how does someone get this working so they can actually USE the cameras attached to their NAS? So they can use the NAS for what they purchased it for?

Saying it doesn't implement the protocols is really NOT what people want to hear after buying a product that's not doing as advertised. Saying that the Dev Team is looking into it, also isn't cutting it for people that have invested serious money in a system that's non-functional based on the applications the product ISN'T capable of supporting! In fact, coming in to these forums and stating the app doesn't support the protocols is almost insulting!

Asustor needs to get HTML5 implemented as most of the competition has already done. This company needs to fix the things broken and stop making more apps that just add to the workload.

It's past time Asustor steps up to the demand of the customers and start fixing the bugs in their OS, software and applications surrounding the products with their name on them.
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Dear MikeG,

We really appreciate your feedback and comments. Surveillance is one of our main focus application and we will keep innovating for a better, smarter and more reliable solution.
We are currently working/testing on the new technology to replace the old school npapi plugin. I am looking forward to having the beta release by end of next quarter.
ONVIF is committed to the adoption of IP in the security market. The ONVIF specification will ensure interoperability between products regardless of manufacturer. However, if one party didn't follow the spec or it didn't pass the ONVIF conformance process. It will have a higher chance of connection problem.

Many thanks,
JAMES

James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Dear TinCanFury,
Please let us know which mobile app that you are using for this test. We will give it a try and let you what we may can do.

Thank you,

Kira77

Post by Kira77 »

James.S@AST wrote:Dear MikeG,

We really appreciate your feedback and comments. Surveillance is one of our main focus application and we will keep innovating for a better, smarter and more reliable solution.
We are currently working/testing on the new technology to replace the old school npapi plugin. I am looking forward to having the beta release by end of next quarter.
ONVIF is committed to the adoption of IP in the security market. The ONVIF specification will ensure interoperability between products regardless of manufacturer. However, if one party didn't follow the spec or it didn't pass the ONVIF conformance process. It will have a higher chance of connection problem.

Many thanks,
JAMES
Dear James

Thank you for your commitment to make the Surveillance Center work. I do have experience with NAS of other brand that work flawlessly with generic Onvif IP camera. Onvif is an open standard and small manufactures will have to follow to market themselves with the bigger players. The overall software experience is still very buggy I am looking forward to see the next release.

Thanks again
Kira

Return to “Surveillance Center”