Stops recording

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

toorakwa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Stops recording

Post by toorakwa »

Hi everyone,

I have a AS202-TE with Surveillance Centre 2.2.3.7856 installed. Using just two channels both with Hikvision DS-2CD2032.

Everything set up working perfectly and has been for a number of weeks - cameras set for motion detection recording only, with Surveillance Centre faithfully recording when is motion detected. I had this warm fuzzy feeling I could leave it alone.

Checked the recorded footage last night only to find out that although there was no problem watching live feed and accessing both cameras, one of them had not recorded any activity for the last four days!!! The other camera however recording fine over this period. NOTE: When one has motion triggered, the other will also trigger because it sees the same area.

Checking the Surveillance Centre activity log, both cams logged motion detection over the four day period but only one would record (and it logged that it recorded).

I could see no way to resolve it. I had to re-boot the NAS and both have been recording perfectly since.

Has anyone have any ideas what would cause this?

Regards
toorakwa
orion

Re: Stops recording

Post by orion »

No ideas about it. I would suggest to send a support request to asustor. They should be able to analyze detailed log.
James.S@AST

Post by James.S@AST »

Dear toorakwa,
Please send me the system health record and I will check the case for you.
BR,
JAMES
I dream of painting and then I paint my dream.

Storage: AS-604T
Network: Belkin N1 Wireless/F5D8231
Laptop: ASUS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Media Player: HP NC6000& Wii & ASUSTOR NAS with Boxee App
Portable: HTC EVO 3D& The New iPad
johan@mz.co.za

Post by johan@mz.co.za »

Hi James

I have two * AS-608T's, each running 5 * Hikvision DS-2CD2032 cameras. I am using Surveilance Centre 2.5.0.9475 Beta.

I have been getting this same issue on both NAS's. Live view is fine, but different cameras seems to stop recording motion after a couple of days.

The camera that stops recording motion is always different. Never the same camera. This issue started presenting itself after the upgrade to 2.5.0.9475 Beta.

Regards

Johan Smith
johan@mz.co.za

Post by johan@mz.co.za »

Hi James - After further investigation I found the following in the Surveilance centre log:

"Can not receive keep-alive data from camera [Camera details]"

Regards

Johan Smith
marka2k

Post by marka2k »

I am having the same issue since the last update. Only difference is I am running 2 ACTI Cameras (which have worked for the past year no issues) and both stop recording, restarting the Asustor NAS fixes the issue but it comes back three or four days later.
jasc23

Post by jasc23 »

I downgraded from SC 2.8 to SC 2.7 and the "stops recording" issue has been resolved.

But, what I noticed is that my video files are no longer in 30 minute files.
Some days they are in 30 minute chunks, while some days there are split up to 5 or 6 files.
On previous SC versions, this wasn't the case.

Having said that, I've recently switched to a WIFI AC USB dongle instead of ethernet.
Its running at 867 Mb/s speed, but perhaps there is a WIFI buffering issue happening between the cameras to the NAS which is causing the files to be split.

Any one else experience this?
agh1701

Post by agh1701 »

I am having the same problem. Where did you get SC2.7

Return to “Surveillance Center”