Error message upon editing camera

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.
pikapika
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Error message upon editing camera

Post by pikapika »

Hi,

Please help with an error message.

I have an onvif camera successfully added to my surveillance center on WIn 10. However, with everything working, when I click "edit" to change the stream settings, I get an error message that says I have changed the camera account password. The error message reads: "Account password verification failed. If the camera account password has been changed, please first remove the camera and then add it again to apply the new account password."

I did not change the camera password and have tried reinstalling the surveillance center on the nas and win 10 multiple times. What is causing the error message?
dimvas243

Re: Error message upon editing camera

Post by dimvas243 »

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with tp-link cameras and hikvision connected over onvif. I can see the cameras i can record and everything but i can't edit them i get the message "Account password verification failed...".
joengr

Post by joengr »

Welcome to tjhe party folks... please odn't expect a lot of help here, nor from the users neither the support team. I have had exactly the same issue with some cameras of different brands and at the end, a support guy just suggested I should go with other NAS brand... this is one of the worst communities I am part of.
Sollevs

Post by Sollevs »

So I have the same problem. Was hoping to transfer to Surveillance Centre on Asustor, but think I will remain with Synology Surveillance Station as that works and recognises the cameras. It also works on Mac's which Surveillance Centre doesn't. It seems as though Asustor have released a crummy app and are not interested in making it work. They really should remove all the trash they write about how wonderful it is. It isn't and is going to be deleted by me.
Asustor AS6706T, Asustor AS6704T, Synology DS923+, Synology DS423+
Brothaz

Post by Brothaz »

I have the same issue. Is there really no one here who can help?

Return to “Surveillance Center”