Surveillance center configuring wrong FTP login/password on Foscam security camera

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rick172
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Surveillance center configuring wrong FTP login/password on Foscam security camera

Post by Rick172 »

I am facing a weird problem after adding my security camera (Foscam 9831P v2)

Configuration is ok, I can see video, I can hear audio, I can rotate camera.

However I noticed that motion detection was not working so I start digging and I found out that there were hundreds of notifications

Event: [System] "ftp" login failure from IP "XXX.XXX.XXX" detected.

Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is exactly the ip of my security camera.

This happens because Surveillance Center, when adding a new camera, changes camera's FTP settings (ip/login/password).
Basically it relies on camera motion detection capability: when camera alarm is triggered, a picture is sent via ftp to Asustor and this will make Surveillance Center wake up and perform actions (take screenshot, take video, send notification email, etc.)

From Foscam control panel I can see these changes in the FTP panel:

FTP ip: empty > Asustor IP
FTP port: empty > 7713
FTP mode: PASV
FTP Login: empty > motion
FTP password: empty > can't say since it's just asterisks

I tried to change any of this value and I can see that Asustor, if I try to deactivate/reactivate camera, restores the ones I just indicated above

The problem is the ftp configuration Asustor is setting on the camera is not correct and this directly causes motion detection not to work.

Does anybody know the correct ftp values to be set?

Return to “Surveillance Center”