Does this app work?

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.
MichalD
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Does this app work?

Post by MichalD »

I have just bought a new Asustor AS6706T .... and Surveillance Center looks and behaves like a piece of crap.

When I connect from mac ... Login ... install viewer ...does not work under no browser ... Safari, Chrome, Firefox ...
I had to connect from VM - Win11 and then under Firefox it started somehow...

I can not add any camera .... Hikvision cameras are not found ... and ONVIF mode is found but no stream ... not in the app nor in the Mobile app.
RTSP stream works in VLC but nor here in SC ... any ideas ...?

ADM 4.1.RJD1

Any ideas .... ???
orion

Re: Does this app work?

Post by orion »

It's better to check device compatibility first. https://www.asustor.com/en-gb/services/compatibility And I'll suggest you to send a support ticket to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
MichalD

Post by MichalD »

Problem solved ...

It just worked from the second computer ... native Win11 and google chrome.... Mac M1 is not supported ... even virtual Win11 for arm had difficulties ....
My solution was .... deactivate all protection, install their viewer in chrome, set it up, activate protection .... and magic happened ...
markee68

Post by markee68 »

"t just worked from the second computer ... native Win11 and google chrome.... Mac M1 is not supported ... even virtual Win11 for arm had difficulties ....
My solution was .... deactivate all protection, install their viewer in chrome, set it up, activate protection .... and magic happened ..."

How do you know Mac M1 is not supported? Is this stated officially somewhere, or as a result of your own testing?

Just moved from an old Synology NAS and saw good reviews on the Asustor so thought it was a good time to upgrade - to find the Surveillance Center doesn't work...

Return to “Surveillance Center”