What is a good camera for this app

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

adknudso
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

What is a good camera for this app

Post by adknudso »

I have two cheap LeFun Smart cams that seem to work ok from the app on my phone, but i want to record to my NAS which is why i purchased it. No matter what i try i cant get them to work and they do not automatically scan nor on the list of available camerera. Im frustrated that I spent 1k and it doesnt work. What is a good camera I can buy that works with this program?
orion

Re: What is a good camera for this app

Post by orion »

You should check compatible list first: https://www.asustor.com/en/service/ipcam?id=ipcam
joethelion

Post by joethelion »

I am seriously considering buying a Synology just for the surveillance; Asustor`s surveillance app sucks big time. Not only it has too few compatible cameras (mine are Reolink); it doesn`t recognize ONVIF perfectly; so even if the app sees the camera you can`t use all properties such as motion detection, or zoning. Also the recording sucks too, some videos freeze or are corrupt. Big disappointment for otherwise a good looking and complete app that comes with 4 free licences.
Wosto

Post by Wosto »

I agree totally with joethelion. I've been using an Asustor server for the last 5+ years with 5 ONVIF cameras and have nothing but trouble... The biggest issue is that my cameras constantly disconnect and don't re-connect automatically, several times a week. I'm constantly having to check them and manually re-connect them.

It's about time for a new server and I'm looking at Synology too.
Jbtay

Post by Jbtay »

I can get my Reolink to connect and get a green check mark, it briefly shows a video and then disconnects.

Return to “Surveillance Center”