Server connected, wait for video frame.

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

HansWahlgren
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Server connected, wait for video frame.

Post by HansWahlgren »

I am new to this, so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

I have newly installed Surveillance Center 2.8.0 11964. I have a Foscam FI 9902P. Installed and works fine in Surveillance Center, if I select to stream from the camera.
If I instead select to stream from Surveillance Center, I only get the message "Server connected, wait for video frame." I can wait forever, I don't get any picture.
Recording doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong? Can it be something to do with privileges on my NAS?

I do hope someone out here with more experience then I have can help me out on this.

Regards Hans Wahlgren
orion

Re: Server connected, wait for video frame.

Post by orion »

Most-likely, it's caused by a browser plugin module. You can try to use other browsers. If it's still not working, I think you should contact to asustor support directly.
HansWahlgren

Post by HansWahlgren »

When starting the Surveillance Center I'm in my Chrome or Edge browser. Surveillance Center itself starts without problems, no difference between browsers. I didn't think that the Surveillance Center was a browser application, thought it was more like an ordinary PC program. Anyway, no browser differences.
I have submitted a support ticket.

Thanks for the reply.

/H
unome

Post by unome »

Hi,
If you haven't already gotten this solved try changing the frame rate and resolution in the camera settings in SC. I've had that fix the ability to see the video in live stream in the past.
Please report back with any findings as others may be having the same issue.
k1s

Post by k1s »

I have the same issue with user defined camera rtsp over tcp. Passes the 'Test' fine, but displays "Server connected, wait for video frame.". Camera works fine with iSpy/Agent Synology Surveillance Station, VLC, etc.

I don't see anywhere to change resolution settings
lukera

Post by lukera »

Same issue here. I have bought three different types of cameras now. I have tried wired and wifi configuration. Attempted to connect with RTSP, ONVIF, and latest a Foscam G4. Outcome same on all, they will connect during setup but not stream. all of these cameras work fine in browser, ispy, and BI. this is frustrating.

**EDIT UPDATE** I resolved the issue performing the following:

1. Backup all data
2. factory resent NAS
3. Remove Hard drives from NAS
4. Put NAS back in box along with network cables, power cords, hardware and quick start manual
5. Print return shipping label to amazon
6. Return unit for refund
6. Buy a different NVR(In this case I purchased an open box 11th Gen i5 with 16GB ram along with Blue Iris software for the same price as the AS6602T)
7. Setup new NVR
8. Enjoy

Apologies for the sarcasm, but I spent way too much time trying to get this to work.

I hope the surveillance center software continues to improve (hopefully the use ispy or BI as the benchmark).
cfao

Post by cfao »

In the live preview click the settings icon (wrench tool) and change the streaming setting from "Streaming from Surveillance center" to "Stream from camera"

You should now be able to view the stream

Return to “Surveillance Center”