No Linux support??

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

boilerbots
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No Linux support??

Post by boilerbots »

I am setting up a new AS4004T and discovered that the Surveillance Center doesn't seem to work with any browser from a Linux machine. At first I figured that the installer was bad and tried several versions. Eventually I thought maybe this is a really crappy application that still relies on a windows binary extension to work. So I dig up a Microsoft Windows OS and sure enough the page finally does something.

What decade are we in? The web application can't be purely OS agnostic and use a standard interface that works across any operating system?

I need my NAS to do two things, backup files reliably and record security camera streams. Should I send it back?
orion

Re: No Linux support??

Post by orion »

I did need to install a binary under Windows for this function. Not sure about the browser in Linux. I think you should send a support request to asustor to check it. https://support.asustor.com/ FYI.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

boilerbots wrote:I am setting up a new AS4004T and discovered that the Surveillance Center doesn't seem to work with any browser from a Linux machine. At first I figured that the installer was bad and tried several versions. Eventually I thought maybe this is a really crappy application that still relies on a windows binary extension to work. So I dig up a Microsoft Windows OS and sure enough the page finally does something.

What decade are we in? The web application can't be purely OS agnostic and use a standard interface that works across any operating system?

I need my NAS to do two things, backup files reliably and record security camera streams. Should I send it back?
Hi! Let me look into this for you.

In the meantime, have you tried WINE?
boilerbots

Post by boilerbots »

After a lot of effort trying to get the windows exe and running it through wine, I am not able to get anything to work. I don't think WINE is a reasonable option.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

boilerbots wrote:After a lot of effort trying to get the windows exe and running it through wine, I am not able to get anything to work. I don't think WINE is a reasonable option.
Ok, I will investigate this.

EDIT: Management has stated that there is no support for Linux at this time for Surveillance Center.
chmooreck

Post by chmooreck »

It's a pity.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

However, AiSecure functions as Surveillance Center for iOS and Android devices.

Return to “Surveillance Center”