cannot start

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

westfielder
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: cannot start

Post by westfielder »

reply from Asustor.....

For the issue mentioned, we do find there is issue with the video playback in current Surveillance Center app.
The issue was reported to our engineer team and they are doing their best to repair it.
We'll have a software upgrade to resolve this issue in the future.
My apology for the inconvenience.

Please don't be hesitate to contact if you got further question.

Best regards.
westfielder

Post by westfielder »

Reply from Asustor....

For the issue mentioned, we do find there is issue with the video playback in current Surveillance Center app.
The issue was reported to our engineer team and they are doing their best to repair it.
We'll have a software upgrade to resolve this issue in the future.
My apology for the inconvenience.

Please don't be hesitate to contact if you got further question.

Best regards.
westfielder

Post by westfielder »

Well - Another great response to a problem by Asustor....

Here's a snip from the lastest ADM update release note:

"Surveillance Center, after upgrading to ADM 4.0, will no longer support local display mode."

So basically, after 4.0 you cannot view the footage you have recorded using survellance station on their own app.
(and you cannot roll back to 3.x where it did work)

Did they not test this before 4.0 was released????

I used to be a software engineer with a multinational hardware company. If I had release software that didnt perform one of teh basic functions it was designed for I would have been fired!

Why oh why did I buy Asustor :-( appalling slow support, unreliable hardware, buggy software.....rant over!
COO-589

Post by COO-589 »

A recent Surveillance Centre update changelog has mentioned that Surveillance Centre now only supports TLS 1.1 - so check your NAS settings and make sure your minimum TLS is set to 1.1 and give it a try (may or may not be your issue but I can confirm with my setup that this 100% affects it)... I'm not a fan of this change and can't comprehend why it had to occur, I'd definitely want my minimum TLS set for 1.2 or even 1.3

Though I believe the dropping of local display support is not for via the Surveillance Centre app accessed on your computer, but is actually referring to a local display by the HDMI port on relevantly-equipped NAS models.
Last edited by COO-589 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markee68

Post by markee68 »

Just moved from a Synology NAS to Asustor and having these problems too.

Just noticed this thread is pushing 12 months old, still no resolution? That's shocking if that's the case!

Has everyone given up on this? Was there ever a response from Asustor Support?
markee68

Post by markee68 »

I've received a reply from Asustor Support.

They confirmed SC is not supported under Mac OSX and have said they are launching a HTML5 version "ASAP".

Managed to get it working under Windows 11.

Return to “Surveillance Center”