Support for Reolink & Motion Detection

Surveillance Center gives you the ability to collectively manage an array of IP cameras. Through its Web-based interface you can monitor live view feeds from all your cameras and play back previously recorded video.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rabbitz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Support for Reolink & Motion Detection

Post by Rabbitz »

Hallo,

could you please add the most common reolink cameras like rlc-410, 410e, etc.? I think that these cameras are widely spread. They have good features and full ONVIF support.

I got mine working over ONVIF but motion detection is not working on latest update of surveillance center. It works great over the camera app thought.

beast69

Re: Support for Reolink & Motion Detection

Post by beast69 »

Hi,
I have 2 Reolink and 2 Amcrest configured with ONVIF, everything was fine until the December update, since then they all stop detecting the motion anymore therefore not recording.
I open a case and they gave me the package of the nvr_2.8.0.11996_x86-64_AS-5XX packages that is the version before the December update, once install everything start working again.

I told them that is a workaround and not a solution and when can I expect a fix, 2 months and 2 update it's still doesn't work past the 11996 version and still haven't heard from them.
AS5304T
4-x 4 tera Iron Wolf
Raid 5
beast69

Post by beast69 »

I don't know how long it will be available but here's the link the provided me for the version 2.8.0.11996.
http://support.ezconnect.to/portal/apis ... rtg4dkmf4w

So far it's the only way to have motion working again with ONVIF on some camera.
AS5304T
4-x 4 tera Iron Wolf
Raid 5
beast69

Post by beast69 »

Here's Asustor todays answer.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply.
For the issue mentioned, we do find there is issue with camera compatibility in our current software release.
The issue was reported to our engineer team and they are doing their best to repair it.
It will be fixed in our future software update.
My apology for the inconvenience.

Please don't be hesitate to contact if you got further question.
AS5304T
4-x 4 tera Iron Wolf
Raid 5
wrightal123

Post by wrightal123 »

Joining this request. I have the reolink RLC-410 and the RLC-422W both of which won't now work with motion detection but continuous recording is fine. And...for some reason today the live view has become a white screen despite everything else working.
===========================
AS-604T
AS-RCU IR Remote
Rabbitz

Post by Rabbitz »

Thanks for linikng the old version but i cant install it "Update faild" old file format (Ref. 6210). File is Ref.-180. I will try to get a new link from the support.

Here is another Link for AS-31XX (the other link was for AS-61XX):
http://support.myasustor.com:18900/port ... m9Jen7FIdg
nan23

Post by nan23 »

Rabbitz wrote:Hallo,

could you please add the most common reolink cameras like rlc-410, 410e, etc.? I think that these cameras are widely spread. They have good features and full ONVIF support.
Reolink RLC-820A

Joining the request, I'm new in the world of IP cameras but I do like it so far, I finally made the jump to use my NAS with camera surveillance. I've checked the list with compatible IP cameras. Witch is really time consuming tho, many of the cameras in the list witch are validated, are really old, not available in my country. Most of them aren't even for sale anymore, :roll: "there is a newer version of this model" I don't want to record 1080p, I want 4K :ugeek:

I checked many reviews for IP cameras and Reolink is a good player, the ones that are in the list: https://www.asustor.com/service/ipcam?i ... and_id=261
There are validated by users, not by Asustor.

Got a reply from the Technical Support Department - Tony
The model is not listed in our compatible list.

So since it is not integrated you can only connect it via ONVIF protocol and not able to use the function that comes with the camera.

To be able to use the full function of the camera it is the model that you need to get in the compatible list.
How hard is it to make cameras compatible? I'm not a pro here, there is an old post from Asustor itself, more then seven years ago 2014-01-22

https://www.asustor.com/news/news_detail?id=3339
ASUSTOR expands compatibility to include Foscam cameras. All ASUSTOR NAS devices now support IP cameras from Foscam's HD and SD series.
Might be an idea to continue on expending other brands? Is there a explanation why Reolink's cameras aren't involve with the party? :?: Does a company like Reolink need to buy a licence or agreement with Asustor? I'm curious how the collaboration with third party's works, I guess I won't get all the answers but i'm just curious.

We customers are depending of the local store/webshops who selling different brands of IP cameras. In my case I want to only work with PoE cameras, with narrows down even more the compatible cameras. WIth new models coming out, I, we should expect an updated list? Or do I really need to return my cameras for an older Foscam G4EP :? Once again i'm not a ICT pro here, if i'm making wrong assumptions please let me know.

Reolink is compatible with QNAP and Synology https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 0000628566
Attachments
Reolink - Asustor
Reolink - Asustor
Schermafbeelding 2021-05-10 om 14.25.53.png (302.24 KiB) Viewed 10405 times
Reolink QNAP - Synology
Reolink QNAP - Synology
Schermafbeelding 2021-05-10 om 14.48.40.png (285.43 KiB) Viewed 10405 times
Darkseeder

Post by Darkseeder »

Hello,
does anyone know how to get this app to record motion ??
I've tried everything and it doesn't work! I bought an asustor mainly for this purpose and here is such a negative surprise.
I'm angry
joengr

Post by joengr »

Was there ever a solution for this?
Have tested a couple of the newer Reolink PTZ cameras and they misearbly fail...
joengr

Post by joengr »

And this is the latest I got from support regarding Reolink

Reply by
Tommy Chou
»
about 7 hours ago
Hi Jose

Actually, Reolink hasn't sent its camera products for us to develope the drivers yet, so Surveillance Center lacks of the packages to run motion detection.
I don't expect that this issue can be fixed, unless Reolink provides our R&D team packages/drivers.

Sorry that if you need to apply the cameras, please apply them to other brands of NAS that support Reolink's Trackmix model.

Anyway, some customers report that a few of Reolink's models are applicable in Surveillance Center app, and you can try those models.
See the link: https://www.asustor.com/en/services/ipc ... and_id=261

Was this reply helpful? Yes | No

Return to “Surveillance Center”