(solved) iTunes server stops running after few seconds from launch

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

totoro81
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(solved) iTunes server stops running after few seconds from launch

Post by totoro81 »

Hi,

I had no problems with iTunes Server on my Asustor 202-TE until a few weeks ago. I don't know if this is related to some update (Asustor Firmware or iTunes Server app).
When I start the app, it starts scanning the library. At some point (less than 7000 files of 30000 total), scan stops and the server library becomes unreachable from my Remote app. If I started playing a song while the server was running, when server stops the music stops too and the remote app goes in an infinite "loading" state.

I tried reinstall the app but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
PlusPlus

Re: iTunes server stops running after few seconds from launch

Post by PlusPlus »

I would suggest you contact asustor support team, they should be able figure out the root cause.
totoro81

Post by totoro81 »

Thank you PlusPlus, I thought they were reading here too.
I'll contact them directly!
totoro81

Post by totoro81 »

Problem solved. I deleted and re-installed the iTunes server, added my music few folders at a time and found out that the server stopped running after some insuccessful analysis of an mp3. I deleted that song and now it works.

Return to “iTunes Server”