(SOLVED) Yosemite Itunes can´t find music on Itunes server

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MrBundolo
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(SOLVED) Yosemite Itunes can´t find music on Itunes server

Post by MrBundolo »

Hi.

I have several macs - on one there is the os 10.6.8 on others there are Yosemite.
On the old mac Itunes finds all the music on the Itunes server.
But on Yosemite macs the server is found but it can´t find any music.
Is it Yosemite or have I done something wrong?

I have a 304

Regards
Henrik
thautan

Re: Yosemite Itunes can´t find music on Itunes server

Post by thautan »

I'm having the exact same problem.
Everything worked fine with OSX Mavericks, did a clean install of Yosemite and restored all the settings etc. Fileshares etc are via AFP. Just like they used to be in Mavericks. Browsing the new library path prints the error "An iTunes Library file could not be found in folder "Music"

Help appreciated...

On the NAS:
ADM 2.3.1.R1K7
iTunes Server 1.2.0.r198

On my MAC:
OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
iTunes 12.1.0.50

EDIT: I have changed the computer name in System Preferences -> Sharing, which was suggested as Yosemite home sharing bug. Restarted router + OS X, still no luck.
eightace

Post by eightace »

Same problem here
thautan

Post by thautan »

I've been googling for some time now.
I don't think its an Asustor issue, its Apple issue - either iTunes or Yosemite.
I already tried a fix, renaming the Computer as in related Apple TV issue http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203970
This didn't help, nor checking any ports, firewall, router/mac rebooting.

I found this, which is NAS related, meaning iTunes Server related... so iTunes 12.1.0.50 seems to be the culprit here?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/68 ... 012.1.0.50
doomtomb

Post by doomtomb »

I think the Asustor apps broke with the update to Yosemite. Asustor Control Center can't even find the NAS from my Mac. But I can still connect to it through it's IP address. but this means I can't control power/sleep/wake states from my Mac. I hope Asustor gets the message and updates their apps.
thautan

Post by thautan »

Looks like its the iTunes forked-daapd that's not working together with iTunes 12.1.x clients. My OSX Yosemite sees the Asustor NAS but doesn't see the files. I downloaded the windows iTunes 12.1.x client, it cannot see the Asustor NAS library at all. I haven't had time to download and test with other versions... but found these "fixes" to forked-daapd in source code https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd/issues/100

There's a topic posted earlier on iTunes Server app forked-daapd from May 18th 2014 in this same sub-forum... asking for app update. I really think Asustor should refresh the app code and release a new working version. Is email the only way to submit an support ticket to Asustor? We should flood their inbox... 8-)
thautan

Post by thautan »

Ah... Asustor updated their iTunes Server app to support iTunes 12.x clients. Greatness \o/
Ppl get your updates from AppCentral and enjoy :)

Return to “iTunes Server”