Server creates /volume1/Music folder?

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Zaragosa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Server creates /volume1/Music folder?

Post by Zaragosa »

I removed the /volume1/Music folder from my system, replacing it with /volume1/Media/Music. Also locating Videos, and Pictures within the Media folder.

When I install the iTunes Server the Music folder is recreated. Going into the setup page I can add /volume1/Media/Music as a location but I am unable to remove /volume1/Music as a location. This locks the /volume1/Music folder from being removed as it is in use by iTunes Server.

Anyone know how to remove the default (/volume1/Music) folder from the setup, thus unlocking and allowing it to be removed?

It's just a house keeping issue for me, not to have dirs sitting about empty.

thanks in advance,
freq

Re: Server creates /volume1/Music folder?

Post by freq »

Same issue. I would also like to be able to control my music directory. Having the /Music share outside of the /Media share is kind of annoying. I don't want two separate mount points for my media.

I have being trying to find the config file to see if there is an edit that can be made to change the default music folder. I can't locate the .conf file. Looked in /usr/builtin/etc/ and various other ./etc locations. Any ideas on where forked-daapd.conf file is located?
Zaragosa

Re: Server creates /volume1/Music folder?

Post by Zaragosa »

Have looked all over for the same, I have gone through every dir tree on the drive (hidden/sys included).

The app SoundsGood also creates the same issue, matbe a solution to that one may enlighten the iTunes Server issue.

Return to “iTunes Server”