Itunes server and Itunes remote for Android not working

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Caktuz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Itunes server and Itunes remote for Android not working

Post by Caktuz »

I have tried every available Itunes remotes for android and I haven't been able to succesfully connect to the Itunes server.
My phone will show in Itunes server after I enter the pin code but my phone will never get past the pin screen.
Any idea how to get it working?
Radioactive

Re: Itunes server and Itunes remote for Android not working

Post by Radioactive »

Hi Caktuz,

I have downloaded "Hyperfine Remote for iTunes Trail 3.0.0.1" and try it on my Android 4.2 phone without any problem.
Have you try this app yet? if no please give it a try :)
Caktuz

Post by Caktuz »

Hi Radioactive,

Thanks for your reply :) I've already tried this app and just tried it one more time to be sure but it doesn't work either. I flashed another rom on my s4 but it didn't solve the problem...
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Hyperfine works fine with my samsung note 3, but one bug though, I can't seem to stop the music playing. But Remote for iphone works like a charm !!!
Caktuz

Post by Caktuz »

Hmm thats strange.. I can't get it working. I think it might have somthing to do with my router.
Tested it on my girlfriends Samsung and both our phones will show in Itunes server but won't get past the pin screen.
tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

Just installed my nas today and im sorry to say it has been a bit of a dissapointment so far on the music front. I needed a good music playing nas that could team up with my receiver as a stand alone hifi system controlled by android smartphone and tablet.

On my sony android phone and toshiba a300 tablet the itunes remote does not work right with the itunes server app on the 302. All 3rd party android intunes remote apps pair great with itunes server using the code but they all have the same problem. Best Apps i used were "remote pro" and "retune"

My conclusion is that it is an issue with the asustor itunes server app.

The problems ive encountered so far are:

*Album and artist browsing not working.
*Browse songs alphabethically does work but once a song is selected pause or stop dont work: there is no way to stop the music playing.seriously annoying.

When will the aimusic app be available for android users?
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

Did you ever resolve this? I am having same issue but with Apple Remote app on iOS not connecting to iTunes server.

Thanks
tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

I switched to the beta squeezebox app and its perfect for android!!!!

plays (almost) instant and everything i own!
navigates smoothly with loots of search and find and browse options.
Has a ton of features! (even spotify for premium users)

I highly recommend it! squeezebox ftw...

dont update it please asustor !
focus on the xmbc audio synch and subtitle issues :@
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

Hey. I figured out how toget Remote app and iTunes server working. The ipad had an apostrophe in the name so it was 'steve's ipad'. I removed that and just called it 'Steve' and now they sync no problem.

Return to “iTunes Server”