Streaming different formats to iphone/ipad?

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.
chank
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Streaming different formats to iphone/ipad?

Post by chank »

hi guys,

need advice on how i can use my iphone or ipad to play say for example, an avi file, stored in my NAS. The AiData app can't do the job.

Thanks in advance!
leecool

Re: Streaming different formats to iphone/ipad?

Post by leecool »

ASUSTOR doesn't have their own streaming application yet.
You may try using "Plex" media server which can be found at App Central, and then install plex app on your iDevice ($4.99).
This works fine for me~
chank

Re: Streaming different formats to iphone/ipad?

Post by chank »

leecool wrote:ASUSTOR doesn't have their own streaming application yet.
You may try using "Plex" media server which can be found at App Central, and then install plex app on your iDevice ($4.99).
This works fine for me~
thanks for the fast reply. Yup, that was what i guessed after doing some googling. Plex seems to be the only option. :cry:

no biggie but kind of surprised as asustor can run many types of media servers but don't have the client app to stream non-native formats.

i have a seagate central, a NAS-like device (single hdd, no apps), and the iOS app allows me to play avi, mkv, and other non-native formats unsupported by iOS. Pros and cons of each device i guess. :(

Return to “iTunes Server”