Remote Airplay jack output

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.
Kaos
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Remote Airplay jack output

Post by Kaos »

Hi everybody,

Since I had no answer in the hardware compatibility forum, I'm trying the same post here:

This is my first post on this forum. I've recently discovered Asustor and I'm very interested into AS-202TE / AS-202T models. I was first looking for a Synology but the itunes server seems to be better exploited and the OS (iOS remote pairing) more friendly/easy to use in the Asustor.

I've got a Pioneer X-HM81 and would like to know if I could use the iOS remote to control the nas which would broadcast the music towards the sound system which supports Airplay and DLNA, or maybe use the jack output to RCA input.

Eventually, what is the transcoding format when on Airplay, DLNA and jack output ? All my music files are in ALAC.

Thank you very much for your help.
Kerry

Re: Remote Airplay jack output

Post by Kerry »

I used iphone Remote to get the listing of songs in NAS itune server and then play through HDMI to amplifier with 5.1 speaker or audio jack to small speaker. I do not have Alac but mine mostly are Flac and some wav/wma.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thanks Kerry for your reply,

That's great to learn you can use remote and your Nas to stream directly in the jack output or HDMI because I'm looking for a Nas which would serve as a multimedia center without having any computer on.

Does remote recognize the "artist album" tag like if you were using it from a mac computer?
Do you know what is the transcoding audio format used by the nas? Is it different from remote or boxee? DLNA, Airplay or Jack/HDMI? I really need a lossless format to preserve the audio quality.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Yes, the Remote looks like:

But I do not know if the transcoding is involved. Flac file can be played well and I do not see CPU % going up either...
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (61.92 KiB) Viewed 10740 times
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thanks a lot for the screenshot. Is that normal that you have no artwork displayed? Is it because the Itunes server doesn't support it?
Maybe someone from asustor could answer about audio transcoding?

Are Plex or Boxee finally better apps than itunes server to play music? More customizable/flexible?
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

I think it is normal for itune remote without the album cover (some of them has, some of them do not have)

I would say that Plex or Boxee is better than itune as the application scenario is different...

When I want only listen to music, I only have to turn on my Yamaha amplifer and use iphone remote to play music deep at night....that is really fantastic. I do not want to turn on TV + amplifier and then Boxee to listen to music. For Plex, then you only listen to music in your iphone.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thanks very much for all the information. I think I will opte for the asustor rather than the synology.
Really seems to be more multimedia-oriented and mac friendly

Return to “iTunes Server”