Can't Play Music with Apple Remote

The iTunes Server app can turn your NAS into your home's audio and video streaming center. It allows you to share music and movies from your NAS with computers in the same network environment.
mbabst
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't Play Music with Apple Remote

Post by mbabst »

Hi there

I've just paired my iPhone with the Apple Remote server. I can browse through all my files, but when I wanna play a song, It jumps quickly to the playback screen and right back to the songlist. Nothing is played. I'm using an iPhone 4 and the newest iOS 6.0.1. My songs are stored as MP3 or Apple Lossless. I reenabled iTunes server several times, this doesn't help.

Cheers
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4
Steve@AST

Re: Can't Play Music with Apple Remote

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi mbabst,

May I know the ADM version and iTunes server version that you used ?
if possible could you please reinstall iTunes server, see if this help.

cheers,

Wall-E
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

I'm using ADM version 1.0.4.RBU2. The iTunes server version is 1.0.0.r823. I've already reinstalled the server but that's no use. The iTunes port is open. This might help: When I connect to my iTunes on the MacBook Pro with Remote, I can see the NAS under shared libraries, from there I can play my content whitout any troubles. It's just the direct connection from iPhone to my NAS which doesn't let me play my files with remote.
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi mbabst,

Now I understand your problem, the "Remote" app is a remote which used for remote control the computer with iTunes server,
this means you are trying to let NAS to play the music, but there is no sound output for the NAS,
that's why "Remote" keeps jumping back to the song list.

If you have an amplifier, you can try to connect NAS and amplifier via HDMI cable,
once NAS has a sound output, you should be able to listen the music from NAS.

Besides,we are putting an USB driver to our NAS, in the near future, you can attach an USB speaker to the NAS,
after that, enjoy the music with "Remote" Control!! 8-)

Cheers,

Wall-E
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Hi there

Hahah, thanks!!! I thought that I can play it on my iPhone when it is in my Docking Station! ;-) Never mind, HDMI is fine! AirPLayer works for the other purpose!
MacBook Pro
Asustor 602-T
Asus RT-N66U
iPhone 4

Return to “iTunes Server”