Cannot see all local files in File Explorer

File Explorer comes pre-installed with ADM and can be used to browse and manage the files on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Buckmark
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Cannot see all local files in File Explorer

Post by Buckmark »

Using File Explorer, I cannot see all of my local files (I am using a Mac). Under "My Computer" in File Explorer, it show directory for both "'/" and "username" (where "username" is my local Mac username). But when I try to expand the username directory, I don't see anything. When I expand the "/" directory, all I call see is the "System" directory (and subsequently all folder underneath it). But "System" is the only local directory on my Mac that I can see in File Explorer.

So I can see some files (very few). This seems rather arbitrary. There are no special permissions I can see on the "/System" directory.
ddaniel51

Re: Cannot see all local files in File Explorer

Post by ddaniel51 »

Do you have the directory set up with the proper network share permissions on the Mac?
Buckmark

Post by Buckmark »

ddaniel51 wrote:Do you have the directory set up with the proper network share permissions on the Mac?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I am connected to my NAS just fine, and access my shared folders. But it's the local filesystem that File Explorer is only partially able to see. At least on a Mac. On Windows, it works just fine. Seems bizarre.
crazynas

Post by crazynas »

Hi
Please don't allow Java application, I'm work fine..... :roll:
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Are you logged on to the nas web interface using the same user as you use when storing files on the nas using the mac finder

Kind regards

M

Return to “File Explorer”