File Explorer slow download speeds

File Explorer comes pre-installed with ADM and can be used to browse and manage the files on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

setje06
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

File Explorer slow download speeds

Post by setje06 »

Hi Guys,

hopefully one of you guys can help me.
Home setup:
NAS: AS5002T
HDD: WD Red 2TB
Home internet speeds: 1Gigabit
ethernet cables to router and nas: cat 6

issue:
- When downloading a file with any torrent application on the nas I get download speeds like 60-80 Mb/S.( no issues)
- When streaming 4k content(between30-50GB) there are (no issues).
- However when I'm downloading a file through the pre-installed "File Explorer" with on any other computer I get download speeds like 100-300 KB/S

I've switched the Ethernet cables already but get the same speeds, tried port forwarding but no success and have reset the NAS to factory settings but still the same speeds.

does anyone have a suggestion for me on what I could check or change ? ? ? ? ?

thnx!
akarali

Re: File Explorer slow download speeds

Post by akarali »

I just saw your post. Probably your problem has been solved by now; but if not, or in case other people experience similar problems, I think you should check your network connections and permissions. The speeds you give suggest that you are accessing the NAS not through LAN but through internet. Most internet plans have different upload and download speeds; so 300KB/s (=2.4 Mb/s) is normal for a typical plan's UPLOAD rate.
1) Make sure your computer(s) and NAS are in the same LAN and the NAS is discoverable.
2) Activate the appropriate file transfer protocol(s) on the NAS (Services icon on the ADM webpage).
3) Make your network settings "private" and turn on file and printer sharing on your computer(s)

Return to “File Explorer”