File Explorer Bug

File Explorer comes pre-installed with ADM and can be used to browse and manage the files on your NAS.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Mickey
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

File Explorer Bug

Post by Mickey »

Dear Asustor,

I am on Mac OSX 10.11.1 using Safari.

Every time File Explorer opens it prompts me to install Java every time it is opened, there is a check box "Do not show this message again" but even though I click it, the message is shown every time I open the File Explorer

I think this is a bug, could you please fix it in next release. I am using AS3104t with ADM 2.5.1

Even better is the requirement for Java to be removed.
MikeG.6.5

Re: File Explorer Bug

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

There is already a request for converting the Java File Explorer into a HTML 5 app. We were told that this was supposed to be done by the update that came out in October. Obviously they had a few issues getting this developed as it hasn't happened yet. One of the Asustor techs popped on and said it was going to be along some time. See everything we know about it here: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4025

As for your problem with Safari and Java. The problem is actually with Safari itself and not the File Explorer. For some reason Safari isn't taking the Java install when it's done. This could be from your anti-virus software, the install files are locked in some manner, or a couple of other issues. When Java finishes it's install it should send you to the testing page to verify it worked. Do you get redirected to it? If so, does this test pass? As this is a Mac, I can't help much more than this... I don't know enough about Macs to even venture a guess....

Ultimately, Asustor is going to do away with the Java requirements. Hopefully sooner than later. As the only reason Java is installed on any of my computers is to support Asustor's File Explorer. I've done away with anything else that might use it on all of my systems. When File Explorer gets rid of it, I'm deleting it completely.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Thanks for the detailed response, for security reasons i have no intention of enabling java in my browser also, my query was actually just about the checkbox displayed on that screen, i know now that there is a direct link to report bugs, so i will use that going forward

Cheers
M
Merlino

Post by Merlino »

Hi.
I've seen this post and it talks about exactly what I'm searching for.
You talked about a HTML5 file explorer, but we are in 2018 and the file explorer App is not here. It is perhaps an abandoned project? Do you have a fix for that?

Tnx

Return to “File Explorer”