Web Interface port number

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.
Caktuz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Web Interface port number

Post by Caktuz »

Can someone tell me if it's possible to access the Download Center through a port,
or do I have to open it from the main interface?
ho66es

Re: Web Interface port number

Post by ho66es »

Caktuz wrote:Can someone tell me if it's possible to access the Download Center through a port,
or do I have to open it from the main interface?
if you use a client like transmission remote you can access it via a port, but only way in a browser is via the main interface I believe
608t
plj

Post by plj »

Any one knows the port number (and URL)? I've tried the "normal" transmissionBT port, and 80 & 8000 by not yet succes.
(I was used to the Transmission GUI app on QNAP so like to continue using this).
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

8000 is the Asustor port for the web interface, not the port that the transmission engine under Download Center uses. It was posted before, I was able to use a Transmission chrome plugin to manage my queues. it was very cool, but I'm at work and can't tell you what the port setting was. It was posted in here somewhere.... I'll try to find it later when I get home
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Found it in another post. Download Center (transmission 2.61 i think) is on port 9999
Caktuz

Post by Caktuz »

Hi Auberon2k,

Thanks for your answer :) I'm getting this error when I'm trying to access Transmission with username: transmission, Password: admin

Transmission error.JPG
Transmission error.JPG (34.41 KiB) Viewed 12600 times
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

There is no full transmission web interface on the NAS, but you can use that port, username and password to connect things like Chrome Transmission plugins and such. I've used the Chrome extension to manage the Download Center queues and it's pretty cool.
Caktuz

Post by Caktuz »

Ok, i'll try that. Thanks :)
plj

Post by plj »

Success using Transmission Remote GUI

Manage connections to transmission:
Remote host: 192.168.1.10 (for now my local IP address of the NAS)
Port: 9999 (NO ssl)
V Authentication required:
Username: transmission
Password: admin
RPC path: /transmission/rpc

(I'll experiment further :) )

And now I can click torrent links in my browser and open the Transmission Remote GUI to add a torrent (which doesn't work correctly (yet) in the Download Assistent).
And you can set a download directory (like download\completed) and a incoming directory (download\incomplete) to easily make a difference between finished and incomplete download files.
Caktuz

Post by Caktuz »

I can confirm that the Torrent Status 1.9 plugin for Firefox works great :)

Return to “Download Center”