direct login port 9999

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

buenso
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

direct login port 9999

Post by buenso »

Hi.
If i type in my nas ip + port number i go directly to download center.
I get a login message: "transmission" user/pass

This is not my admin login or anything logic . Also I can´t see any setting where I can change the credentials?

Anyone?
Winand

Re: direct login port 9999

Post by Winand »

I've bought AS3302T recently and have the same question.

I've used tcpdump to view data exchange between Download Center and transmission RPC API on 9999 port

Code: Select all

sudo ./tcpdump -i lo -A port 9999
There's a line Authorization: Basic dHJhbnNtaXNzaW9uOmFkbWlu which contains base64 encoded login:password.
After decoding it you can use these credentials for authorization.
BUT.
I get 404 Not Found error then.

User nero78 got the same result in 2016. So i think files related to web interface are missing in Download Center package.

UPDATE:
I've managed to connect using Transmission 3.0 desktop client / Electorrent / Transmission Remote GUI! The same port, login and pasword as for Web UI.
I couldn't change login/password because /usr/local/AppCentral/download-center/etc/settings.json file resets to default settings after each Download Center restart. So...connecting to 9999 port from internet would be very insecure i think:)

Return to “Download Center”