Donloads get corrupt in ADM V4

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cont_e
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Donloads get corrupt in ADM V4

Post by cont_e »

Yes, it seems the issue persists, it's a shame.

Do you have any feedback from Asustor on the bug?

It might be time to switch to jDownloader or some another app from the app central. The best option would be to downgrade to ADMv3, but not sure if downgrading the firmware is possible.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Issue exist ... so Asustor must propose a solution, but it seems that some change can help with HTTPS
... I have redo a test with Download Center / Preferences / connection tab and checking "Enable Protocol Encryption" THEN I do a manual restart of download-center

after this change, downloading the file (in your first post) run as well, but better ... displaying (using Samba) on a Windows PC the file downloaded, the "cosmos" image appear correct.

It's not a total proof, just a way to search, for my own I use Jdownloader2 (I integrate the APKG) and Entware with wget-ssl for https download (and some time Transmission from Entware) ... and don't have time to do a full test ... it's just my two cents for two minutes of my free time..

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
cont_e

Post by cont_e »

Thank you Philippe, it's great that you maintain the app.

I have meanwhile downgraded to 3.5.6.RHA2 by downloading the corresponding image from http://54.223.174.69:10079/download/adm/ ( my ADMv4 image starts with X64_G3 so I downloaded X64_G3_3.5.6.RHA2.img ). Then I modified /volume0/etc/nas.conf via SSH where I replaced Version, Lastversion and Baseversion by 3.5.5.RFC3. After this was done, I simply uploaded the image.

Unfortunately, some apps were already upgraded due to ADMv4 compatiblity during the upgrade process and installing them again from Application Central is not possible. So I am reverting back to ADMv4 as I am not able to find any ADMv3 compatible ones (Download Center, Soundsgood, Takeasy, ...) .../

If anyone has a hint where these apk files can be downloaded, it'd be super nice to share it here.
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

cont_e

Post by cont_e »

Thank you so much! :)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Take care about apk in this web server ... some of them can be accessible ... even in beta or rejected or in processing to be added to AppCentral.

So ... some can fail or worst create damage ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
cont_e

Post by cont_e »

Thanks, basically after downgrading ADM and reinstalling non-compatible packages by apks released before July 2021, everything works fine without any issue.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

@Philippe; Your fix seems to work partially. It is correct that the picture from the original download link now downloads correct.
But, if the file is a little bigger the download still gets corrupted. Try https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/2112/H ... HT3072.jpg. This file is about 4.4 MB and corrupts. The original was a little over 3.3 MB.

Also, after adding an other/new download link DC doesn't do nothing. The link is in queue but nothing happens. DC has to be restarted to initiate the download.

@ Cont_e; I'm glad you found a solution.

I can understand that there will be issues after a major ADM/firmware update but I think it's ridiculous that one has to revert to an old firmware/ADM just to get a simple downloader to function correctly. This is more than 2 months (and counting) after it was reported!
What makes the situation more grave is that it concerns an official Asustor App (which they advertise) one should not have to wait more than 2 months for a fixed DC.

I emailed Asustor support a few days ago that I'm not happy about how they handle this issue. No response yet.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

This is not going well....

"There have been a multitude of bugs to fix (not easy to be fixed) that have been revealed over time and we found more last week ..."

Hopefully this results in a overall better DC.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

New version available (1.1.5.r1273). Seems to function correctly.

Return to “Download Center”