Donloads get corrupt in ADM V4

Download Center is an excellent download manager allows you to easily download and save files to your NAS. Your NAS can effectively replace your computer in helping you with any download jobs.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Jack@007
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Donloads get corrupt in ADM V4

Post by Jack@007 »

Hi,

Since upgrading to ADM 4 my download via Download Center get corrupt.
To reproduce:
1. Copy a link to a file (like a picture) to the clipboard. I choose https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/2110/NGC289Selby.jpg
2. Open Download Center and "Add Download Task". Paste the copied link in the URL field and start the download
3. Wait for the download to finish
4. Compare the downloaded picture with the original
Jack@007

Re: Donloads get corrupt in ADM V4

Post by Jack@007 »

Did some more research;
I can reproduce the issue also with larger video files. Download seems complete and without error. But when you want to play the file the player is unable to. Tested with several players (VLC, Pot, Windows).
If the download is a graphics file, the file is opened but artifacts are visible.
Very small files seem unaffected (like a few kb).

This behavior started after the ADM 4 update. Torrents seem unaffected.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

Confirmed by Asustor support; It's a bug.
chaosgrid

Post by chaosgrid »

I can confirm, downloads via Download Center get corrupted.

How is this not yet fixed? It is literally one of the main use cases of ADM and the feature is broken and unusable.
froboz

Post by froboz »

Lol , still a problem. I ran into this problem and was like this is odd let me try on my QNAP NAS just to check and that worked no problem. The QNAP download app also takes away the symbols for spaces and characters from the URL address where Asustor does not. I knew I would run into this kind of stuff after a lot of youtube reviews warned that Asustor was good hardware for the money but oh the software.. ya that is a problem.
chaosgrid

Post by chaosgrid »

Yup, still not fixed. They asked for access to my box since apparently they cannot reproduce it?!?

If I dont hear back from them next week, I will return my hardware and leave bad reviews because this is unacceptable.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

Latest I heard from Support is that a fix was in testing phase. But this is almost a month ago.
I'm not happy with this slow pace. It's been almost 2 months since confirmation!

Does anybody know of an alternative download manager?
ilike2burnthing

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Might be worthwhile to ask for an update.
cont_e

Post by cont_e »

ADM 4.0.1.ROG1 has just been released. Has anyone tested whether the fix is included? Release notes state just "Miscellaneous bug fixes.".

I checked the NASA image URL posted above and the image was downloaded fine.
Jack@007

Post by Jack@007 »

Just updated to ROG1. There seems to be no difference.
Simple https downloads still get corrupted.

I also noticed that when a second download is added to the queue it never gets started. Nor can the first download be deleted. There is something very wrong with this app.
I like the hardware but their Asustor software makes it really hard to love. This issue is now more than 2 months old.

Return to “Download Center”