INfo on CloudID

Its all about mobility. The place to be for all discussion about mobile apps.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

uskyrt
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

INfo on CloudID

Post by uskyrt »

Hello, I'd need to understand how the CloudID service works under the hood as I'm struggling to have it working.

Neither AIMusic, AIMaster or a "normal" browser connection are working using my cloudID.
Just a basic question: is it some kind of DynDNS system which keeps track of my (dynamic) IP?
Or does it work with static IPs only?

Thanks.
Kerry

Re: INfo on CloudID

Post by Kerry »

Yes, the cloud ID is the ddns service provided by Asustor! It should work greatly for me when I login with my cloud ID for Aimaster and Aimusic etc.. Are you able to connect to your NAS in browser through Cloud ID? cloud id.myasustor.com
uskyrt

Post by uskyrt »

It behaves weirdly.
The whole day yesterday I haven't been able to connect to the cloudID from within my network. Using a mobile through 3G it worked and in the end, both from browser and from AIMaster.
After a while from within the network as well :shock:

AIMusic instead hasn't been working until this morning and I was gettint an error along the lines of "cannot connect to ip XXX"
The funny thing is: that ip wasn't my current one! Made a whois and it was still an IP from my broadband provider so probably the server hadn't been updated with the new IP.
I did update the cloudID options on the nas though.

That's why I've been questioning the way cloudID works.
So either:
- There's a bug
- The cloudID server doesn't update as often as it should
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Have you tried this? Www.myasustor.com to check if your cloud ID is right?
uskyrt

Post by uskyrt »

Tried, seems all ok and got the green tick after pressing test.
Clicking on Go it redirects to my usual address xxx.myasustor.com:8000 and from within the network got "page not found" from both mobile and pc.
Connecting to it through mobile network it works...

At least seems to be consistent now.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

I see. This is very normal. Within LAN, there is router loopback behavior so basically within LAN, you have to type the LAN address of the NAS.

Return to “Mobile Apps”