(RESOLVED) Movie streaming app queries

Its all about mobility. The place to be for all discussion about mobile apps.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

presto80
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(RESOLVED) Movie streaming app queries

Post by presto80 »

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question.

I have just gotten a as-202te. My main reason was to stream shows to my mobile(ios and android) using 3rd party video app like vlc or aceplayer on ios etc.

I hvae tried to put a rmvb and mp4 file into nas. created share link to test it out in my local network first. will try to stream over internet if successful.
but i cant seems to open the file from vlc or aceplaeyer. either cannot connect or incorrect format(suspect due to then encrypted filename).

did I do anything wrong?
What is the correct steps to share the file out for streaming using 3rd party video app?
possible to share the whole folder out so that when they use their video player, it will list all the videos under it.
is there any recommendation other than aidata, reason because my family might have their own fav apps.

Thank you and please help on this.
BadAS302T

Re: Movie streaming app queries

Post by BadAS302T »

i use moliplayer or "Plex for android", works great.. try those

i can see all folders and select files to play, there is also plex media server in appcentral on the asustor, you can also stream to your tv with plex from asustor appcentral... but on android "Plex for android" cost money, moliplayer is free

i chose the folder "workgroup" then my asustor, to get access to all folders/files with moliplayer, it plays all my mkv files etc.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

I have plex and it works perfectly !!! I will try moliplayer later. Looks good and free.
presto80

Post by presto80 »

BadAS302T wrote:i use moliplayer or "Plex for android", works great.. try those

i can see all folders and select files to play, there is also plex media server in appcentral on the asustor, you can also stream to your tv with plex from asustor appcentral... but on android "Plex for android" cost money, moliplayer is free

i chose the folder "workgroup" then my asustor, to get access to all folders/files with moliplayer, it plays all my mkv files etc.
hi..

so how you set the share links for the folders?
is there any free app for ios?

does this work over internet?

thanx
BadAS302T

Post by BadAS302T »

i tried on my girlfriends ipad, most apps cost money if you wanna stream mkv to ios...

i dont know what i did, but i see my NAS folder on both my android tablet/phone and ipad + my smart tv

turn on upnp etc in the asustor.. install the upnp app maybe, im still a n00b at this
lanimul

Post by lanimul »

AiVideo has hit the Android play store. Quietly, lol. I've been using Kodi (xbmc) on my Nexus 7.

Return to “Mobile Apps”