AS-602T does not detect HDD

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS-602T does not detect HDD

Post by orion »

jozes01 wrote: root@AS0000T-D585:~ # fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 1031 MB, 1031798784 bytes
238 heads, 49 sectors/track, 172 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 11662 * 512 = 5970944 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 1 173 1003519+ ee EFI GPT
Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings:
phys=(124, 237, 49) logical=(172, 23, 49)
root@AS0000T-D585:~ #
Oops, that shows SATA disk not found. It should be a hardware failure. You'd better to send a repairing request to asustor.
jozes01

Post by jozes01 »

Thanks for your effort to help :-)
Yes, SATA backplain could be damaged.
But I am wondering if this is reason, because this has happened after the firmware upgrade.
Also the NAS shall boot fully even without disks, but this does not happen.

Issue looks same as described in the thread above opened by tripple23.
There are some others similar threads
Demsg log could give more info, however nobody see there what is wrong.

Buying a new NAS is solution, however in this case, I would select other than ASUSTOR. I expect higher reliability. Not to be in a stress with each FW upgrade.
orion

Post by orion »

Sad. I don't know how to say. I might be lucky that my AS-304T is still working fine for almost 6 years.
Last edited by orion on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

triplee23 wrote:Recent update:

Asustor support sent me one last piece of hope that it could be a SW issue. They sent me a file to flash and reset the firmware through USB. I tried it but ended up with the same result.

The server starts and I am able to access the unit through SSH. The unit shows up in the Control Center but when trying to initialize, the web interface errors on the disk not being detected. The Control Center recognises the unit as AS0000T which is not correct and according to asustor support a sign that there is a HW failure somewhere. Unless I am able to get some parts (free or reasonable price) this unit is going to the junk yard as it is probably better to get a new one.

Thanks for all the help.
Hi! My colleagues agreed to sell you a new SATA backplane. The cost will be $75USD. If you are OK with this, please PM me.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

jozes01 wrote:Thanks for your effort to help :-)
Yes, SATA backplain could be damaged.
But I am wondering if this is reason, because this has happened after the firmware upgrade.
Also the NAS shall boot fully even without disks, but this does not happen.

Issue looks same as described in the thread above opened by tripple23.
There are some others similar threads
Demsg log could give more info, however nobody see there what is wrong.

Buying a new NAS is solution, however in this case, I would select other than ASUSTOR. I expect higher reliability. Not to be in a stress with each FW upgrade.
I encourage you to send a request to our support team so that they can help you diagnose your issue. Please use your ASUSTOR ID as your email address when requesting for support so that it's easier to help you.
jozes01

Post by jozes01 »

Hi, I have already opened the ticket last week. Kevin spend a quite long time with me. Nice guy!
I have received also rescue image, which I implemented, however I did not fully recover my NAS.
There are SATA disks un-plugged during the procedure, so basic system shall boot even without SATA disks, but this boot process does not finish with system LED stable green and standard beep after the boot.

Thanks a lot for your offer of the spare SATA backplain, but I would not use it now. I am not fully sure this is the reason of all my troubles.
This is quite expensive just to test. On the other hand, there are some offers for 2 bay hot swappable entry level QNAP NAS for 155 Eur in these days, what is more valuable option to get functional NAS.
But this is not my aim. I have one more working synology NAS at home.

My goal is to find resolution for these issues with not initialized ASUSTOR NAS after the FW upgrade. I like this NAS and I still believe, this could work.
I have seen many broken computing systems and I just feel, this is not crappy HW. May be crappy FW, but not NAS at all.

There are 3 questions I think SATA backplain may not be the only issue:
- this happens after the FW flash. SATA backplain would be sensitive to flash? May be, but it is rare, design engineer may say.
- boot process without SATA disks did not finish - no stable system LED and beep. But boot process shall finish even without SATA disks. So there is also some other issue with the system. Good to solve the first.
- using eSATA slot back on the chassis - linux list this SATA disk, however via browser on port 8000 I still see""Initialize your NAS
No disks detected. You must install at least one disk before you can continue"

Spending some time with this issue, my next step will be probably to use alternative Linux, which use is described in other thread "viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9533"
In case system will not work, I will start to believe this is just SATA Backplain issue :-)
By the way, is there any customer/Customer service engineer/service engineer having this type of issue and resolving it by replace of the SATA backplain?
Because it looks, nobody till now has come to end.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

"Initialize your NAS No disks detected" maybe you may try delete the old partitions first (connected the HDD to other PC)
Asustor AS-608T 2.4.0.RFU6 (Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB x8)
Asustor AS-608T 2.4.0.RFU6 (Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB x8)
jozes01

Post by jozes01 »

Yes, disk was already prepared in PC to have just one space, non formated.
NAS sees this disk via eSATA port on the back side of the chassis but not via SATA backplain.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”