I want to delete a volume

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rainz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

I want to delete a volume

Post by Rainz »

AS 606T
ADM 3.03 RAI4

I am cleaning up, thus
- deleting users
- disabling shares
- deleting volume
- factory reset
- removal of drives
etc...

all in preparation for a brand new setup.

But I am not allowed to delete the volume? If I can't delete the volume and the RAID properly, the disks may return an error stat claiming they are RAW and reporting a larger size (the former RAID size) then they actually are. Been there several times.

It only gives the option to remake the Volume in to another volume of a different, or same, RAID level. And that only if I select Advanced.

What sick logic is this?
orion

Re: I want to delete a volume

Post by orion »

I'm not quite sure what's your problem. You can delete volumes. As I know, UI notifies warnings (of course, there are special notices and procedure for volume1) when you want to delete a volume.
In your case, you can simply do factory reset "ADM web -> Settings -> Factory reset". Or remove all of your disks from NAS, then reboot your NAS. There should be a initial setup wizard to guide the whole process.
Rainz

Post by Rainz »

I did a factory reset, but it kept a lot of setting, like IP and admin pwd and other stuff...

I can not just delete a volume, I only get the doalogues to make another kind of volume.

On the Raid controller I have on my server I can delete volumes, there is a delete button. Not so in the NAS. Ah, well, I'll sort it out.
orion

Post by orion »

Well, you just pointed out the different requirements on different products. That's why you don't need to setup network and account information on RAID controller. That's your logic problem.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”