It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

I want to delete a volume

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

I want to delete a volume

Postby Rainz » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 pm

AS 606T
ADM 3.03 RAI4

I am cleaning up, thus
- deleting users
- disabling shares
- deleting volume
- factory reset
- removal of drives
etc...

all in preparation for a brand new setup.

But I am not allowed to delete the volume? If I can't delete the volume and the RAID properly, the disks may return an error stat claiming they are RAW and reporting a larger size (the former RAID size) then they actually are. Been there several times.

It only gives the option to remake the Volume in to another volume of a different, or same, RAID level. And that only if I select Advanced.

What sick logic is this?
Rainz

Re: I want to delete a volume

Postby orion » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:08 am

I'm not quite sure what's your problem. You can delete volumes. As I know, UI notifies warnings (of course, there are special notices and procedure for volume1) when you want to delete a volume.
In your case, you can simply do factory reset "ADM web -> Settings -> Factory reset". Or remove all of your disks from NAS, then reboot your NAS. There should be a initial setup wizard to guide the whole process.
orion

Postby Rainz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm

I did a factory reset, but it kept a lot of setting, like IP and admin pwd and other stuff...

I can not just delete a volume, I only get the doalogues to make another kind of volume.

On the Raid controller I have on my server I can delete volumes, there is a delete button. Not so in the NAS. Ah, well, I'll sort it out.
Rainz

Postby orion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

Well, you just pointed out the different requirements on different products. That's why you don't need to setup network and account information on RAID controller. That's your logic problem.
orion

Return to [Official] For AS-6XX Series