Disk replacements and capacity upgrade

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rainz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Disk replacements and capacity upgrade

Post by Rainz »

606T
Raid5

Been running 4 x 2TB disks for a couple of years and now upgrading to 4 x 3TB disks.
Of the six disks on the NAS I have two spares. They are defined as spares. Yet, when I read the manual and want to upgrade the disks in the volume replacing for larger, it says I should remove the spares and then it will be possible, yet the option to "upgrade to larger disks" is never available. Always greyed out.

I have replaced 2 of the original 2 x 2TB disks for 3 TB disks already due to disk failures so the Raid is, in so much, not consistent, capacity still the original 5.4TB. Could that be it?

Frankly I am having difficulties interpreting the table provided here: http://download.asustor.com/onlinehelp/ ... ansion.pdf

I just want to upgrade my 4 disks.
orion

Re: Disk replacements and capacity upgrade

Post by orion »

You can only expand the volume size after you replaced all of disks in RAID (replace one, wait for completion, then replace another one). You won't be able to see the button enabled until you replaced all disks. (You only replaced 2 disks.)
Rainz

Re: Disk replacements and capacity upgrade

Post by Rainz »

Ok, I ended up doing that, last one rebuilt over night so I should be able to expand later today.

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”