It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

My first problem in 3 years.

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

My first problem in 3 years.

Postby idlemind » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 am

Hello folks.

I noticed I was unable to see my PLEX server one evening. I remotely rebooted my 608T and it still did not show up. When I was able to gain physical access to it, it was on the SHUTDOWN? screen. I selected NO. It then displayed INITIALIZE? to which I selected, NO. these appear to be my only options. I've restarted a few more times with the same results. When I launch CONTROL CENTER the NAS shows up as UNINITIALIZED.

I have not done any initialization activities and all drives appear to be healthy. Is there a way to recover my data?

Thanks
idlemind

Re: My first problem in 3 years.

Postby orion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 am

Most likely, some of your HDDs might get bad. You'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it remotely. https://support.asustor.com/
orion

Postby idlemind » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks. just put the ticket in. I also noticed that although the drive bays are lighting up Green, they do not appear to be spinning. (I don't hear them whining) and when I pull one, I don't feel the gyroscopic force.
idlemind

Postby bizzy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 am

I've just had the same symptom after updating the ADM version to 3.0.3.RAI4. Disks were healthy before the update and then after the update and a reboot, I am no longer able to see the data volume. The system md0 volume seems to be healthy and I can run mdadm commands against it but can't see the data volume anymore.
bizzy

Postby orion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:02 am

You can try to use "mdadm --assemble" (partition 4) to check if md driver can reassemble your data volume. If it's successful, the configuration might be corrupted.
orion

Postby bizzy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:51 pm

The only partitions I can see from the command line are sda1 and sdb1. If I connect the drive to my PC I can see 4 partitions and the correct disk size. I really think it is related to the ADM update. Is there a way to backout the ADM update and go back to the previous version?
bizzy

Postby orion » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 am

bizzy wrote:The only partitions I can see from the command line are sda1 and sdb1. If I connect the drive to my PC I can see 4 partitions and the correct disk size. I really think it is related to the ADM update. Is there a way to backout the ADM update and go back to the previous version?

You can check with asustor support guy. However, I guess their official answer is no.
orion

Postby bizzy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:31 am

Support guys didn't help and are really slow at responding. I won't bother even mirroring the disks anymore as it let me down with losing the entire volume. Fortunately I had an almost complete and relatively recent backup where I could get most of my data back. Restoring the data was much quicker than dealing with support and I only lost about a weeks worth of data. Lesson learnt, always have a full backup just before upgrading ADM.
bizzy

Return to [Official] For AS-6XX Series